Eleven

"Okay, now I know." Is what I say after Beca closes the bedroom door behind us. "I know why you two haven't seen each other in so long."

"Yep." She agrees. "That's exactly why."

"Why, I mean, why is she like that?" I ask, Beca sighs, but answers.

"Ever since the divorce, she's been distant with whoever and whatever reminds her of my dad, and I remind her of him." She explains. "Do you want to go out tomorrow?"

"To where?"

"I don't know." She shrugs as she plops down on the bed.

"Would you..." I get down on one knee, scaring her half to death. "Do me the honor of... being with me my whole lunch tomorrow?" She sighs in relief that I hadn't just asked her to marry me.

"You scared the hell out of me!" She exclaims as she hits me atop of the head with newspaper that her mother set out on the bed stand.

"So, is that a yes?" I ask again, she nods.

"If it can get me out of this hell hole for a couple hours, I'm in." I smile as I gladly take her hand pretend to put a ring on her finger. "Ass hole." I smirk as I kiss her lips and she kisses back, I love this girl so much.

After we part, I say, "but I'm your ass hole." She lightly laughs and I sit next to her on the bed.

"Yes, you are." She smiles as she turns to face me and puts her hands on my shoulders, then kisses me on her tippy toes, I smile through the kiss, as usual.

"I love youuu...." I sing-song. She rolls her eyes, but replies Christina Aguliera style.

"Iiiii loooooove you." Even her singing that she loves me is on point.

"I'm in total awe." I put my hand over my chest, earning an eye roll from her. Beca gets a phone call, which she quickly picks up.

"What? Well, is she okay?" Commotion on the other end worries me, especially the devastated look on Beca's face. "Oh my God, I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Bec, what's going on?" I ask as soon as she hangs up.

"It's Emily, she was in car crash on her way to have dinner with Benji." She explains, and I know her heart has just shattered into pieces. "I have to go." She wipes the tears from under her eyes and runs down the stairs. "I'll be back tomorrow, I want you to stay and bond with Daphne." My jaw drops at the statement.

"But- it's her! It's your mom!" I exclaim once I see her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes it is." Daphne says from behind me.

"Shit."