Twenty four

Today is the day Jesse and I move in together.

"I'm going to miss you." My dad mutters and kisses the top of my head before lifting another box into the truck.

"I'm going to miss you, too, dad, but I'll still visit, I promise." I assure him with a tired smile.

"And you'll come home for Christmas?" He asks with a hopeful, yet tired tone.

"Like every year." I answer as I hop into the truck and push the boxes further back, so that we have more room for my stuff.

"Okay, well it would've been nice if Jesse at least helped put the stuff in the truck." My dad commented.

"Jesse is going to help me unpack at his house, it's fine, dad, just go with it." I chuckle at how judgemental my dad could be. "I should go."

"I guess this is goodbye to the old house, right?" Dad motions towards the house and looks back at me with a pained smile.

"I guess so," I hug my father tight, it's going to be weird without him around all the time. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"Will do." My dad agrees before shutting the trunk of the truck and walking towards the house.

"Bye dad!" I call after him and he stands on his front porch and waves at me as I drive off.

I get a call from Amy when I'm driving to Jesse's. I put it on speaker.

"Hey Beca!" Amy's voice comes out muffled through my phone.

"Hey Ames, how was the honey moon?" I ask with a happy tone, different that my regular, lazy tone.

"It was great! We went to this one restaurant with this great wine, they even let us keep the glasses! And one night we saw a magic show, and-- then, another night, we saw a music show and went home and, well..." She cuts herself off.

"Lots of sex, is what you're trying to say?" I ask playfully.

"What about you, Beca? Anything new with Jesse?" Amy asks, oh, I hate this question. Anything new?

"Uh, yeah, actually."

"Really?" Amy gasps out of excitement. "What is it? Are you preggers?"

"No, I'm not pregnant, God, you sound just like my mom." I joke with a chuckle. "But, uh, Jesse and I are getting married."

"You what?!" She screeches through the phone. "What the hell? Oh my gosh, that's awesome!"

"I know, I just, well, I told him I was ready when he did something really romantic and sweet and adorable, and I looked back, and I saw a future." I explain with a smile plastered on my face.

"Oh my gosh! Love is spreading like wild fire!" Amy laughs at herself.

"Oh, I'm going to have to let you go, Ames, Jesse's calling."

"Whatever happened to Ames before guys?" Amy sighs. "Alrighty, Beca, see ya!" She hangs up and I answer Jesse's phone call.

"Hey Bec." Jesse greets once I answer the phone.

"Hey." I reply as I take a right.

"I can't wait to see you in a couple hours. I wish I could've been there, but I needed to help Benji with something."

"Oh, really? What's going on? Maybe I could've helped." I try to continue the conversation.

"You actually probably could've." He chuckles. "Emily's losing a bit of her memory every now and then, like, she didn't remember who Benji was, like three days ago."

"Does she know who he is now?" I worriedly ask. Poor Benji.

"Yeah, but now it's getting really hard to help her remember things. She doesn't remember Amy or Chloe, she doesn't remember winning the world's a Capella championship." I gasp. That was one of the best moments of my life.

"When I move in, I'll try to help her." I promise.

"Thanks, Benji will appreciate that, I'm sure." Jesse replies with a sigh. "This year has been crazy, Beca, you know? Some of it's been amazing, some of it's been hell."

"I know what you mean."

"I bet you do." He chuckles. "Uh-oh."

"What? What happened?"

"Uh, I tweeted that I can't wait for my fiancé to move in with me today, and there's some more hate." Jesse informs me. "Most of it is foreign with angry emoji faces at the end, I think it's because of the world's championship."

"Damn." I mutter under my breath.

"I know, right?"

"Well, I guess I'll see you in a couple hours."

"Alrighty, bye babe." Jesse ends the call and I sigh.

What the hell...