Chapter 14

Niall's POV

Sitting at the airport early in the morning was not on my to do list today, but Nicole was leaving today. "Hey Nicole, when will we see each other again?" I whispered. She sat up and leaned on my shoulder. " I really don't know Ni. But hopefully soon. I miss seeing you everyday." I heard her sniffle and pulled her onto my lap. She cried silently until a woman came over the speaker saying, "Flight 0913 to Alabama now boarding." Nicole stood up slowly and turned back to me. I reached out and took her into my arms. her tears soaked through my white t-shirt. "I love you, Nicole." She looked up and smiled, "I love you too." Then she turned and walked to board the plane. We would be miles apart again, not knowing when we would be together.

Nicole's POV

As I walked to the plane I realized that I didn't know how long it would be until I saw Niall again. I turned to look one last time giving a watery smile and a small wave. He did the same as u turned to give the lady my ticket. She smiled and said "Have a nice flight." I boarded the plane and grabbed my phone and out my earbuds in. I soon fell asleep to the music playing.

"Mam, wake up. the flight has landed." I woke up to a quiet voice and a shake on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see the plane was nearly empty. "Thanks." I replied hastily and rushed off the plane to find my luggage. Soon after grabbing my luggage I heard a squeal and then saw Dani rushing towards me. "Nicole! Oh my gosh! I missed you! How was Ireland?" I laughed at her excitement and rapid words. "I missed you too, Dani. Ireland was great!"

Once Dani and I got back to my house and put my stuff up, my parents called me downstairs. "I'm gonna head home. Call me if you need me." Dani said. I nodded my head in response and walked into the kitchen where my parents were.

"Honey, we need to talk." My dad said.

"Um ok?"

My mom looked at me with years in her eyes. Now I was nervous. My mom never cried. Well at least in front of me. "Nicole, sweetheart. Your dad and I are getting divorced."

That one word and my whole world crashed around me. I felt warm tears falling down my face as I ran to my room. Grabbing my phone I called Daniel telling him to meet me outside. I ran down the stairs and out the door. Once outside I raced down the street to Daniel's house. Knocking three times, Abby, Daniel's sister answered the door. "Nicole? Oh my gosh! What's wrong?." I heard the concern in her voice. "Abby?" Caleb, Daniel's older brother walked around the corner. "What's wrong?" I heard him whisper. Caleb picked me up and carried me to Daniel's room. My tears soaking through his shirt. Abby soon followed. Once all four of us were in Daniel's room, I told them.

"So that's all they told you?" Daniel asked. "That's all I could listen to before I ran upstairs to call you and now here I am." I sniffled. "Does anyone else know?" Abby asked softly. I shook my head. "Y'all are the only ones who I've told. I've got to call Dani to tell her that I may need to spend the night a few nights." They all nodded and walked out leaving me to call Dani.

After explaining the situation to Dani, I went to find Caleb. "Hey Caleb, can you drive me over to Dani's house please?" He nodded his head. "Sure thing. Let me go get my keys." As he walked off I texted my mom and dad.

To: Mom & Dad
Sorry I ran out. I just needed time to think. I'm getting Caleb to drive me to Dani's house. I'm staying with her tonight. Be home in the morning. Love yall. xx

Soon after sending them a text, Caleb walked back in with his keys. "Come on, kiddo." We walked out to his car and then drove to Dani's house. "Thanks Caleb!" I shouted as I got to the door. Dani opened the door and we rushed up to her room.

After explaining the situation for the second time that night, Dani walked downstairs to get ice cream. Coming back to her room she had bowls of Mayfield Birthday Cake ice cream. "Dani! You're the best!" I squealed. "Haha, well when you called and told me what happened. I called mom and she picked it up on her way home." She said.

After eating the delicious ice cream and a marathon of Full House, we fell asleep.