Chapter 17

Niall's POV

Running off the stage full of excitement I ran to my family smiling. "I made it!" I shouted.

I had just auditioned for the X-Factor and got three yes's. This was the best day of my life.

As I was walking to the car to go back to the hotel room, my phone rang. I didn't care check the caller ID before I answered.

"Hello?"

Nicole's POV

He answered! I don't know what to say now.

"Hey. What are you doing?" I asked trying to make it sound like I didn't just see him on TV.

"I'm doing nothing really. Just with some friends going to see a movie."

That was all I needed to hear but I kept talking. "Oh. That's cool. Then I guess I just saw your identical twin with the same name as you on the X-Factor? And by the way, if you haven't realized, I'm 14 today. I mean not that you care. But just letting you know" I snapped with venom in my voice.

"Nicole I'm sorry. I forgot. And I didn't want to tell you about the audition just in case I didn't make it."

He just lied to me! He forgot my birthday when we had known each other for years!

" Oh well then why didn't you call me when you got the three yes's. Or did you not want to call and that was just your sorry excuse?" I snapped.

"Nicole I'm so-" I cut him off mid sentence as I hung up the phone.

Dani looked at me shocked as did Marie who had come up while I was on the phone. I collapsed on my bed in tears. I had just lost my best friend. The one who was always there for me no matter what. The one who was there when I needed him the most. The one who really understood me. I cried harder until I was all cried out. I walked downstairs determined to make this the best birthday ever.