Chapter 66

The bright sunlight poured through my window the next morning. Sitting up I sighed. Today I am 18! And my 18th birthday party was amazing. I'll have to thank Dani later.

The mouthwatering scent of red velvet waffles drifted in the air. Smiling, I walked downstairs to see my dad mixing the buttercream icing in a bowl.

"Hey daddy!" I chirped happily. He dropped the spoon in surprise. I took this as my chance to grab the spoon and eat the gooey icing.

The creamy sweet taste ran over my tongue as I pulled out two Mtn Dew's from the fridge. This was tradition. I'm not breaking that now.

"Still tradition, huh?" My dad asked.

"Yep, and always will be." I said happily as I filled my plate with the heavenly dark red waffles and the creamy buttercream icing.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asked in between mouthfuls of breakfast.

"What we always do." I said. "Watch every single marvel movie and then go out to eat chinese."

He smiled. "That's my princess. Always sticking to tradition."

*********

Four hours later we decided to turn off the movies and find a Chinese place to eat. Grabbing my phone I saw a message from Dani.

From: Dani
They moved prom to NEXT WEEK!!!!! Can you still come??

I read the message twice. "Dad, I may be leaving with you tomorrow." I said as I stared at my phone.

"Why?" He asked.

"They moved prom to next week. I need to tell mom when I get home." I said.

"Alright. Well tell her then pack your stuff, I'll book another flight ticket." He said as he pulled I to the parking lot of a small chinese place.

"No dad, it's fine. I'll pay for it." I said as we walked inside.

"Table for two." My dad said to the waitress before he turned to me. "Nic, are you sure?"

"Yeah Dad. It's fine. We planned for this to happen when I left. We have money for multiple plane tickets." I said.

He nodded and looked at the menu. "Teriyaki Chicken and Shrimp Lo Mein?" He asked.

I smiled. "You know it."

It was times like this that I missed my dad. He was my rock. The person who was always there. I had my mom too but I was always a Daddy's Girl. I always had that special bond with my dad that no one could replace.

ANOTHER FILLER!!!! Get mad if you want. I know this chapter was terrible but I want to save the good chapters for the next few chapters. So be patient. And maybe I will update soon. I'm writing the next chapter and it will be one of the longer chapters and not a short one. So be happy ;)

Also the tradition with Nicole and her Dad is something that I felt would be good because I just so happened to be missing my dad when I wrote this chapter. So don't hate!!!!! And Red Velvet waffles are AMAZING!!!!!!