Chapter 51

Nicole's POV

The stands were filled and the score was tied. Ten minutes until halftime. The time where we would perform one of the most important performances for us seniors.

"Everyone listen up! Tonight is going to be a moment in time where we remember who was in the feild with us. It's going to be a memory of high school. All the times the band room held the tension of a nerve-wracking pre-performane ritual. Tonight is about the seniors on this feild and how hard they have worked. This is about the friendships that have been created the last four years. We are proud of each and every one of you. Do well tonight and make us proud. We are family, and family works together. Get on that feild and perform your hearts out." Mr . Harrison smiled woth tears in his eyes.

As we walked to the feild we gathered in a group hug. Watery smiles were exchanged as we made our way to the yard lines. I took my spot on the 50 yard line and turned around. I looked at the faces of all my friends that were always there for me. The ones who knew what life in the band room was for me.

I smiled and turned back around. Locking eyes with the drum major and my two directors, I started the performance that made a lifetime of memories flash through my mind.

The last note rang out through the stadium as we held our final stance. The announcer was now calling out the names of our seniors to step forward.

"Nikki, Marie, Julie, Daniel, Marshall, Cameron, Brooke, Macy, Courtney, and Abby." They each walked up to the sideline with watery smiles.

Nikki looked at me with a confused look. I shrugged and then heard Mr Bowen take the mic.

"These are the seniors who stayed through everything they encountered throughout these past four years, but there is one more senior in that feild who will be recognized as well." He looked around the feild before seeing me.

"Nicole Rose! C'mon." I let a tear slip and walked to meet my friends at the sideline. Each of us took hands and formed a circle with our heads down.

"Tonight, these eleven seniors are recognized for the hard work they have put into performing. They started in middle school not knowing a thing about music, but here they are now, being offered scholarships and helping the younger ones. They have achieved many things throughout their music career in school and we are proud of them." Mr. Harrison said.

"But tonight, one girl stands out the most. She came to the middle school for her seventh grade year and stayed with us until September of this year. She has come back to perform on this night and has shown the loyalty and respect she has for fellow band mates." Mr. Bowen stopped and smiled at me.

Tears were falling freely down my face as the other ten seniors closed in the circle and wrapped me into a hug. We all walked back to the middle of the feild connected with the bond that we had since day one.

The stadium erupted into cheers as the whole band met us in the middle and crowded around us.

"Ok on the count of three, Brookwood Band Forever. Got it?" I whispered to the group around me. "One, two, three! Brookwood Band Forever!" We exploded into cheers and high five as we left the feild and back to the stands.

The rest of the game was a blur until we were back in the band room. Changing out of our uniforms there was a ton of chatter going around. I pulled off the top to my uniform and stopped. The scar I had gotten almost ten months ago was standing out against my pale skin.

Shaking off the memory I slipped on my pink tank top and pulled a pair of black shorts on. Quickly putting away my uniform, I walked into the hallway. Tears were now falling down my face at a faster pace. I pulled out my phone, getting ready to dial the only number I could think of, I saw Dani.

I dropped my phone and ran into her arms collapsing into tears. "Dani! I can't leave Brookwood again. I just cant!" I sobbed.

"Shhh it's ok. You'll be here for another week and then back in a month." She said as her voice cracked. I could tell she was about to cry. "Someone is here to see you." She said with a smile. She put in her brave face and walked to get my phone where I had dropped it.

"Let's go, they're on the feild."

"On the feild? The game is over." I said. Confusion was laced in my voice. She must've realized it but waved it off.

A few minutes later we were on the feild and all my friends were there, including five famous popstars.

I smiled an ran right into Niall's arms. Jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist I connected my lips to his. "I love you so much." I said as I pulled away.

He smiled and set me down. Everyone came over and hugged me and said that we did a great job on the feild.

This was the band life. This was my life and there was no way I'd change it for anything.

So this was the senior night chapter, and honestly this is one of my favorites to write. I kinda got emotional with this one because in a few years I'll be performing during senior night and I thought it would be a good idea to add it into the story. Also the changing in the band room, yeah band people do that, it's not bad so don't comment things on it that are bad. Ok? Ok.

Thanks for reading also I hoped you liked it. Love yall!!!