Chapter 73

Nicole's POV

My stomach churned at the thought of being stuck in a storm. It sounds stupid, but I'm terrified of storms. You never know what will happen.

As thoughts were running through my head, a little girl walked through the plane. The seat next to me was empty so I called the little girl over to me.

"Where is you mommy and daddy?" I asked. Her lip trembled and tears started to slide down her face. "They were supposed to meet me at the airport when we landed. I just got back from camp."

My heart ached for this little girl. She was all alone on the plane, in a storm, with no contact from her parents. "How old are you?" I asked her.

"I'm nine years old. My name is Kate." She said with a watery smile.

Suddenly the plane lurched, causing Kate to fall. I reached out my hand to the terrified girl and placed her in the empty seat next to me. "Buckle up." I said.

She nodded. Fear was written on her face and tears were falling freely down her face.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. We are going to land on a ship that is allowing us to stay until the storm passes. Please remain calm and seated." The flight attendant spoke with a fake happy tone.

Kate looked over at me and I wrapped her in a hug. "It's gonna be ok. We'll be ok." I said.

Short update. But Nicole made and new friend. How will this end?? Hmmm. Keep reading to find out.

EricaKirsch your turn. I think.