Chapter 27

Niall's POV

After Dani told us what happened we all stood wide eyed until Nicole and Harry came back.

Nicole met my eyes for a split second then looked at the floor.

"Nicole.'' I spoke up. "Can we talk? In private..."

She looked up and sighed. "I guess we can.''

Once we walked out of the room and down the hallway a little bit she spoke. "So I guess you know about the failure, huh?"

"It's not a failure Nicole. I'm still proud you went for it." I glanced over at her to see that she was looking at the floor.

With a shaky breath she spoke, "Niall, why did you lie to me that day?"

I was caught off gaurd. Standing there beside her in the hallway made me realize I loved her.

"I don't know. I was stupid and I guess I thought I'd protect you from hate and all and you would live a normal life. I though about you everyday and I wanted to fix things but I didn't know how."

She smiled and leaned on my shoulder. "You know, I couldn't stop thinking about you either. Daniel and I had a fallout and I wanted to call you so bad, but I couldnt. I didn't know what to say. Those two years were miserable for me."

When she said that I realized I really and truly loved her, but I didn't know if she felt the same way. I mean we were only 17.

"What do you say? Best Friends?" I asked her.

"Forever and always." She smiled.

I know I know. Short chapter. But I felt like writing.

Ok so in this chapter it says they are 17. But in a previous chapter it was Nicole's 16th birthday. Just clearing this up she is 17 not 16. So sorry for any confusion but this age fit the story and helped with the timeline.

Thanks for reading!! Love yall!!