Chapter 26

Dani's POV

Looking down at the paper in my hands I read the adress it was from. 'The Juliard School'. Oh my gosh. Nicole and I have dreamed of attending this school together since we met!

Glancing over to Nicole, we locked eyes. "Open together. Agree?" She said quietly. "Agree.'' I whispered.

"One... two... three..."

I ripped the paper out of the envelope it was in and started reading it. My hands shaking nervously I read the words.

'Dear Ms. Dani Williams,

We are pleased to inform you that upon seeing your audition we would like to offer you a full scholarship to The Juliard School this upcoming fall.

The scholarship covers rooming and all class fees. Open house will be September 12th. We will pay for your flight to New York and the flight back home.

Please consider this, as we would love to have you here at our school.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely
Headmaster Sandra Jones'

I finished reading the paper with a smile on my face. When I looked over to Nicole she had tears running down her face. She dropped the paper and ran.

Oh no. This cannot be happening. This is Nicole's dream school! She worked so hard!

Picking up her paper I scanned the letter. After reading it I handed her dad both of our papers.

All the boys looked at me in confusion. I started to explain but Harry took off in the direction that Nicole had ran.

Sighing softly, I explained to the other four boys. "Those papers we just read were letters from the Juliard School. That school was mine and Nicole's dream school. We auditioned at the end of last year to try and get an undergraduate scholarship. Nicole wasn't accepted. That's why she is upset."

Nicole's POV

Running down the hallway making multiple turns I ended up back on the stage. The concert had been over for about an hour and the arena was empty.

Walking out on the stage I went and sat on the edge.

I couldn't believe I didn't make it. I worked so hard and then fail. Just like I failed at all state years back.

Years back I had auditioned for all state. I had prepared and worked for months. The audition was a month after Niall had forgotten me. After our fight, I had worked extra hard. All my free time was spent working and practicing for the auditon.

The day for auditions came and we were on the stage. Just Brookwood Middle Shcool. We weren't individuals. We were a band. A group. Family. Warming up and practicing for auditions we were all together.

After an hour of running through scales and our music, the cafeteria was crowded. We didn't care though. We were together and we were happy.

Audition times came and I walked with are to the rooms. My audition went terrible. My scales... they were gone. I don't know what happened but I felt like a failure. Walking back I tried calling my dad. He was at work and didn't answer so I called Nikki and told her to meet me in the hallway.

After that audition, I found out all my friends made it. By then it was over and I wasn't that upset.

Now, the feeling of failure is fresh in my kind and it's worse. I had failed at the chance of a lifetime. My Dre school didn't think I was good enough.

I sat on the stage of the arena crying. Trying to figure out what I would do, when an arm wrapped around my shoulder. I looked up and there was Harry. His emerald eyes looking down at me. Giving me a soft smile he said, "Now love, what's wrong?"

Taking a deep breath I replied, "My dream school didn't think I was good enough to give me an undergraduate scholarship. I ruined my chances and failed."

"Love, you didn't fail. You just have more time to improve. And from what I saw tonight when you performed on stage you were amazing. You don't need a school to determine that for you."

"Thanks Harry. That really meant a lot." I smiled

"Now let's go back to the others."

"Ok."

So thanks for reading and I hoped you liked it. Love yall!!!