Chapter 16

A week later it was my birthday. I was officially 14. I went through all my birthday messages the basically said the same thing. Just the normal birthday message.

After going through all my messages I realized that the one person who always sent one, didn't send one. For the first time since I had met him he didn't tell me happy birthday. I know this shouldn't bother me but I feel like Niall forgot me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door and then all the girls running up the stairs with bags of balloons and packs of streamers in hand.

After changing into a bright pink shirt and some grey sweatpants I was dragged down the stairs to set up for the party.

"Hey Julie! Turn the TV on!" I shouted from the kitchen. "Ok!" She replied turning the TV on as I walked back in.

On the tv was The X-Factor. A 16 year old boy from Holmes Chapel was singing Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder. He had emerald green eyes and curly brown hair. His name was Harry Styles.

After a few more auditions, we had all decided that Harry Styles was the best we had seen audition so far. Walking back into the kitchen to get another roll of tape, all the girls stopped talking. I walked back in the room as I heard a familiar voice. "Today is just the start of it all, if i get through today it's game on." The irish accent rang throughout the silent house. All the girls were looking at me as I stared at the TV my eyes wide as he sang. The song was familiar. "Oh my gosh! He is using our song." I gasped. Nikki was the first to speak. "Um. Are you ok?" My response was cut off as he was told his results.

"Yes"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"

Thats all I had to hear as I walked upstairs to get my phone. I checked my messages and still no birthday message. I decided I'd wait ten minutes to make sure he was off stage and then I'd call.

Ten inured passed and Dani walked in my room. Sitting beside me she gave me a questioning look. I held up my hand signaling to give me minute. I dialed his number and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"