Chapter 69

Soon after we walked back in the gym, they were announcing Prom Queen and King. Knowing that I wasn't nominated I walked to the back of the gym out of sight.

Leaning against the back wall with Niall, the speakers sounded through the gym.

"Tonight, we would like to announce our senior prom queen and king!" A dramatic pause filled the silent room.

"Our prom queen is, Nicole Rose!" Everyone turned around and looked at me.

My face flushed red as I carefully walked up to the stage. How the votes counted up to me was beyond my knowledge. I didn't want this. It was nice to have it but I hated titles. As I walked up the stairs, I focused on not tripping.

Our principle placed the small crown I'm my head and handed me the mic.

"Wow. I really don't know what to say. I wasn't expecting this. So this is real honor. Umm, thanks for letting this happen. Go panthers!" My voice trembled with nerves.

I walked off to the side of the stage quickly as they announced prom king.

"And our prom King is... Daniel Jones!"

My blood ran cold and my eyes widened. Niall started walking to the stage but Daniel cut off his pathway.

Once Daniel was on the stage, Dani came running up. She whispered in the principals ear and walked off.

"My mistake, the votes were counted wrong!" I released the breath I didn't know I was holding and relaxed.

"Our prom King is... Niall Horan!" I smiled as the girls screamed and he walked up to the stage.

"May I have this dance?" He asked. I took his hand and then Little Things started to play.

I twirled and spun around all the while, smiling and gazing at my amazing boyfriend.

Alright!so this isn't all that I wanted to write but I felt yall deserved and update so I'll finish prom in the next chapter.

Also! DRAG ME DOWN OFFICIAL VIDEO IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST BREAK THE VEVO RECORD!!!!! So start watching the video and remember REFRESH NOT REPLAY!!!!!!!!!

Love yall!!!!