reunited.

K.J.H

I was running, again.
Not because I wanted to, but because I was made to. My trainer Chris has set me this dreadful workout plan, basically meaning he's torturing me. Though running isn't my favourite thing in the world, it has its positives. Running is like a bridge, it's difficult to get up, but then once you can no longer feel the pain and agony in your legs and the rest of your body screaming for you to stop, there's nothing; an empty mind with a lot of space to fill. My thoughts drift in my head and out again, like a revolving door. Thinking about nothing and yet so much at the same time, thinking of deep and insignificant memories and words that come to mind. A big nothing. So i guess, running isn't all to bad.

Until you stop.

I finally make it back to my apartment and without hesitation collapse into an abundance of pillows and bedding. Sweat dripping all over me. I allow myself to lay there for a minute, getting my breath back, before grabbing a towel and entering the shower. My legs beg me to sit down, beg me to do anything but stand or move again. Burning fireballs of water spit at my blonde hair as I rinse the shampoo out. Turning off the shower, the whole of the bathroom is smoked with the condensation of the boiling water. I got into my comfiest pajamas before wiping away the fog on the bathroom mirror.

I look at myself. The mascara i was wearing now collecting under my bottom eyelashes and the makeup that once was there now gone. Me, simply me. The me that either you only see, or never see. For most, only the me with the façade of makeup is seen, but for those few who are my closest friends see the, i guess you could say "real me."

*ding*

I pick up my phone, smiling at the notification I see.

Angie☀️
landed safe and sound! get ready for the best girls weekend you'll ever have  <3

Kera💐
ugh i cant wait! see you tomorrow, goodnight.
(seen 01:24am)

THURSDAY:

The day had finally came, I got to see my best friend after what seemed like forever, but in reality was only a year. She lived in Munich, Germany as a model and I lived in Perth, Australia so pretty much worlds apart. Our work schedules always clashed. I was always so busy with gymnastics. Now I was finally able to see my Angie again!

I waited impatiently on the sofa of my apartment, occasionally checking my phone to track her location, once or twice. Okay maybe it was more than that but anyways. The knock on the door finally came and so had my friend of 14 years. A deep breath in and out escaped my body before I opened the door. There she was, Angie Foster. She looked just the same as she did the day I last saw her. Before I could even say hi, her warm arms embraced me in the largest hug i'd had in a very very long time.

"ugh my kera bear! I've missed you so much you don't understand" she squeals into my ear as her embrace loosens before looking at me again.

"i've missed you more!" i tease, leading her and i both back into the apartment, the sun glaring and shining through the large glass windows.

Angie and I met years ago. 14 years to be exact. My family travelled to Germany every year to visit my father's side of the family. That's where I met Angie. Well, more like our dads met. They talked for hours one night in a restaurant while watching the World Cup. With no one else in the restaurant other than us, and a young boy, the three of us sat and played hide and seek around the restaurant. That was until the young boy's parents had to leave during half time. Angle's Dad, Friedrich, had gotten the number of the mother of the boy, as well as my dads and well.. the rest was the history. Every summer the three of us would meet in the same restaurant. Unfortunately, the pandemic stopped us all from travelling and we haven't been able to continue our tradition for the last 3 years. A long time.

I show her a quick tour of the place, through the kitchen, bathroom, lounge area, balcony, my bedroom and eventually looping back to the lounge. We flop onto the couch in the middle of the room, sat comfortably in each others present. A smile conquered my face as I looked at the person who was practically a big sister to me. She was always there when she could be, and when she couldn't she was the first to check in on me every day. We spent hours on call, facetime and even writing letters to each other from across the world. I'll never have a friend like Angie. She was one of a kind.

Hours had passed, the sun slipped behind the white curtains that draped over the windows. We talked and talked, like sisters. Every detail of each others lives we shared. Though we talk every day over text, there's nothing like talking to your best friend in person, especially after the time we had separated.

"so, I had something to run by you, can I?" Angie says, looking up from her phone at me. She places her phone on the wooden coffee table. Whatever she was going to ask, she meant it, I swear this girl never puts down her phone.

"yea okay, what is it?" i reply, starting to feel a little nervous.

"Pierre, you know Pierre from-"

"Pierre from holiday? The French one?" I abruptly
cut off, accidentally.

"Yes! Well, basically his girlfriend Rachel did some modelling with me a few months ago and I spent quite a long time with the both of them. They want us to go to Pierre's race in Bahrain! He said he could sort out some tickets or something" she says full of excitement but trying to down play it- it wasn't working.

"I mean..sure? When's the race, i'll have to check my schedule, you know what Chris is like with all the training sessions" I reply.
A silence filled the room. I raise my eyebrow, awaiting her answer.

"okay please don't kill me. It's this weekend. I know it was meant to be our girls weekend and i'm sorry but i just couldn't refuse and they're so so nice Kera you don't understand. I can cancel. I'll text them now. It'll be fine they won't mind, i'll call Rachel and-" Angie says rapidly, jumping to the conclusion I can't go, before I even say a word. She reaches for her phone. I place my hand ontop of hers.

"Angie, Let's go."
What am I thinking!?

1156 words- what do you guys think will happen?
-J