visitor.

C.L
I was walking along the shoreline, once again. Something about being here is so calming. I'm in Italy a lot, working for Ferrari, and I love it. But being here is something different. It's a different sense of love. There's no obligations, no expectations, nothing. Just my friends and I.

The other night, after we left the restaurant, Kera went to bed and I stayed up talking to Angie and Pierre. Pierre told me about Kera's tendency to distance herself when she comes to what seems like a dead end. I thought it was me. I thought I had done something wrong, so hearing this was a relief and took the burden of guilt off my back. Angie and I became quite close in the process too, which was thankful after the awkward night we'd had.

The waves gently brushed upon the beach, over my feet and up to my ankles before once again being pulled back out. The consistent motion of the waves put my mind at ease. I hated uncertainty and inconsistency- possibly why I am so hard on myself in my racing. I make stupid mistakes, every race I never know whether I will mess up or the team will. Especially last season, I was fighting for the championship and let it slip through my fingers. Every race, all that I can think about is how many laps are left. How many laps are there to make a mistake. How many times I need to see that start/finish line.

I make my way back to the group, but instead of three of them, there's a fourth person. From a distance, I couldn't tell who it was over Pierre's shoulder. But as I got closer to the three of them who were surrounding him, I still realised I didn't know who this person was. Had the press found us?

'What are you doing here, Evan?' I overhear Pierre saying in an extremely annoying tone, his fists were clenched. I stepped next to him. I have no clue who this man was but if Pierre didn't like him, neither did I.
'Well i mean Kera's been posting her little holiday all over her instagram, maybe next time don't tag your location if you don't want people to join you.'

'You really flew all the way over here to tell me that'

'I mean, you have blocked me'

'for good reason' Pierre added to their conversation.

'What? I'm just looking out for her. More then you three have, letting her post whatever she wants to as if there's no consequences.' he turns towards Kera, she takes a step back from him
'I'm here for you Kera. I'm your real friend, these people aren't your friends. They want to use you, they want the world to see them with you. They don't know anything about you.'

'You better stand back from her' I added. I did not like where this was going and it only felt right. Do i know the situation, no. Am i going to let him talk to us like that? no.
He scoffed at me, and turned back to Kera. A sense of anger filled my body from head to toe- a different type of anger that i'm used to. Not the type i would feel if I had crashed out a race per say.

'Ke come on, you know that truly in you heart. How many times have either of them actually visited you back home in the last year? How many times have I?' he says, taking another step closer to her. At which point, Pierre steps in front of her and between him, pushing his shoulder back.

'Time to go Evan.' He said, calmly. I know Pierre. I have known him since we were children. When he is truly mad, he is ice cold, says things as they are. That's when you know you've messed up.

Evan proceeded to push him back, knocking into Kera in doing so. Angie, who was holding her arm, now letting go and making her way too up to Evan's face. The two of them begin to shout, loudly. The whole beach beginning to turn their heads and look at the commotion going on. Words were said and shouted, words that stabbed Kera like a knife.