question.

L.N.
After the whole mess that happened a few days ago, I'm surprised that Kera stayed in Monaco with Charles and Pierre. I really hadn't known her long but getting to know her was genuinely fun, it was quite a unique feeling, like I knew she'd be a good friend right from the start; there was a certain click.

I began to get the sense that Charles liked Kera more than he'd care to admit ever since the water fight on the boat. As she began to get sprayed with water by Carlos and Charles, I jumped in to cover her from getting blasted, shielding her from the cold stream. However, through a fit of giggles and laughter I saw Charles standing still, watching us then shortly leaving afterwards down to the inside deck. That's when I initially thought they might have a thing going on, but after asking Pierre he said there was nothing.

But after everything that came out in the media that night, I knew I had to back off her as I valued Charles and I's friendship, thought it was a bit of a bummer. After hours of trying to figure out what to do, Charles had to call his media manager. She suggested that he say nothing and ignore any questions until it dies down, seen as they're not a couple so there's nothing to confirm or deny.

The morning after everything got leaked, Charles and I woke up still laying beside Kera, her still wearing my McLaren hoodie. After a very unsettled and quiet breakfast Pierre drove us 3 back to Charles' apartment to get away from the state the house was in after the party.

I look into the back seats of the car to see Ke slumped down in her seat with her small head in her arms, clearly still stressed about the night previous. Charles stretched out his hand, but she didn't acknowledge it almost as if the fans were around.

She came around when we got to Charles' apartment. He immediately went in and pulled something out of the fridge while us three were taking off our shoes and placing them near the front door. His face turns back to us and a smile emerges in a childlike way. His eyes are sparkling in the natural sunlight that is cascading it's way through the large wall length windows, his eyes full of an excitement that looked like it couldn't be held in for much longer. He makes his way out of the kitchen with a tub of Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream with a sticky note on the lid. KERA'S it said, in a fancy and cursive handwriting that joined together all too smoothly.

Kera's eyes matched his as I watched her walk across the room and cheekily grinned as she almost snatched the ice cream out of his large hands. A slight rosey tint met both of their sun kissed face from the rays landing softly on each of their skin. A small unsettling feeling came to mind which I pushed back down before turning to see Pierre; he was smiling at Kera's funny reaction as she took the ice cream and then pulled him into a tight hug.

'When you said you would come to Monaco, I searched to find it so I could have some here for you.' Charles said in a soft and warming tone.

'You remembered?' she says, looking into his light green transparent eyes.

'Of corse' he replied.

After a while, Kera promised to stop eating the ice cream and a while after, that she actually did. Charles and I went to help clear out room for the 3 of us to stay and eventually gave up, deciding we'd all sleep in a pillow fort type of thing in the middle of his living room: it was my idea, obviously.

——————

As the sun begins to slip behind the tall towers and apartment blocks of Monaco, the four of us decide to get into our pjs and order a pizza. A large gasp echos it's way into the living room from the bathroom almost immediately after Kera left to go and get changed. Swift and hastily, I look around with alert and alarm, waiting for something to happen. But nothing does. I look toward Pierre but he isn't looking in my direction, instead his eyes are fixated on the bathroom door: confused. Just like me. I notice as Charles slowly walks his way to the bathroom door before placing a gentle knock that broke the eery silence. The round, rustic, wooden doorknob turned causing it to make a slight clicking noise as the door is opened slowly.