kiss.

C.L.
As the sun began to drop behind the horizon, we made our way to Pierre's apartment: the one Kera was staying at.
Everybody was having a good time. There was a lot of dancing, talking and singing. I, however, was not. I was sat on the sofa, watching them from afar. Something within me didn't feel.. right? I felt almost annoyed but I don't know what happened to cause me to feel like this. Everything was fine on the yacht, I was enjoying myself a lot. We had a great time jumping into the cool water, spraying eachother with the water guns. But for some reason, after seeing Kera be 'protected' by Lando, I felt the same sink in my stomach that I did in Italy. Heat stroke? maybe?

I still didn't know why I was so unable to enjoy myself, I hate it when i'm like this but I have no desire to join in with their dancing. I watch them all from afar, smiling and grinning. Why couldn't I have that? I watch as Kera's beautiful blonde hair bounces on her back as she twirls around to the music. My heart sinks as I see Norris' hand holding hers. She was smiling, so was he, but I wasn't. The pit in my stomach only sunk deeper and deeper. I look at Lando, and wish that I was in his position. The whole reason she is here is because I asked her to come, so why is she dancing with him?

I wasn't jealous. I couldn't be, Kera and I are just friends. But I want to be the one making her smile and laugh, I want to be the person who protects her from the water. That should be me, dancing with her.

I look out of the window, it's raining. The rain is pouring heavily over the streets of the beautiful city. It was dark outside but the mundane streetlights paved a path of light for us to be guided by. I build up an adrenaline, the blood begins to pup through my body rapidly. I stand up, still gazing out of the window. I walk over to the area they are all dancing, and walk over to Kera.

'can I talk to you?' I ask, my heart beating against my ribs.

'okay' she says with a smile, excusing herself from Lando, who looks at me confused.

I take her hand and lead her out of the front door, and continued to walk down the street: despite the rain. I hear her calling my name, and asking what we were doing but I can't answer. Im so overwhelmed with my feelings that I just continue to walk, her behind me. Still holding my hand.

The shattering sound of water smacking the pavement is interrupted by the undertone of a song I've heard before. A small restaurant to the side of us begins to pull the chairs from the outside seating back into the restaurant. Waterloo by ABBA slips it's way out of the restaurant as a muffled sound, but clear enough to hear. Hearing it instantly reminds me of dancing with Kera in Italy, a time I longed to relive. So, I pulled her close to me and began dancing around with her in the rain.

I swing her around, lifting her up gently by her waist and holding her close to me. I put her down, but keep my hands held firmly onto her waist, her arms wrap around my neck. We both let out small smiles and giggles between each move, dancing freely in the rain. Her hair turns from an almost golden blonde to a dark brown due to the rain, my hair too messing up. But we didn't care. I had her in my arms, I was dancing with her... I was making her smile.

The streets were empty, the lights around us were more of a blur than anything, but her eyes were clear and looking at mine. Her sapphire eyes glistened behind each raindrop that would fall between us. I spun her around one more time, her laugh following her. The laugh that I could listen to for a thousand years. Every time I hear the laugh my stomach fills with a a fluttery feeling. I don't know what it was, but it happened when I was around her, and I liked it.

After slightly losing our breath from dancing to various songs we both stood, looking at each other. Her eyes met mine, my eyes met her. She looked up toward me, her small body held by my hands on her waist. Her arms laid peacefully around my shoulders. We were at peace. My mind was full of nothing, with her around any doubt, worry, insecurity, stress... it was gone.