public.

C.L.

'Charles, these rumours are getting out of hand. I don't know how much longer this secret will last' Kera says nervously, while playing with the charms on her bracelet. My eyes follow her as she paces back and forth in the hotel room, suitcases stood behind the door.

'i know, I know.' I sigh while laying down on the bed to compose my thoughts. 'Pierre's reaction was bad enough. I don't know if releasing it to the world would be a good idea until he's speaking to us again.'

'Its only going to get worse when they see us together in the airport..' she says, visibly getting more and more stressed.

'I know' I feel horrible, there's nothing I could say or do to help her, or calm her down because it's true. She was right and there was nothing we could do to change the rumours already lingering around. 'How about you fly with Pierre?' I ask.

'Charles he hasn't spoken to me since he saw us kiss. I doubt he'd want me to fly back to Monaco with him.' Her tone of voice reflecting on her annoyed feelings. I open my mouth to speak again, but I am halted by Kera's phone buzzing at the end of the bed.
Glancing over, her eyes light up when she sees Angie's number messaging her. She read aloud the text, announcing it to me.

Angie👑
Pierre is okay with you are Charles. I promise. Just give him time to get used to his two best friends dating.

Ke🤸🏼‍♀️
okay that's good. thank you for telling us, are you going to monaco?

yes i am. are you? please say you are!!!

i am :)

for a certain.. monegasque?

ugh angie. these rumours are eating me alive. i don't know what to do.

why don't you soft launch it?

THATS SO SMART ILY!! see you in monaco.

——————

After Angie's text, Kera explained to me what she meant by a 'soft launch'. I found it rather funny to be honest. I liked the idea of allowing people to put the pieces together themselves- much better than a public announcement. On the journey to the airport, Kera and I began putting quiet posts onto our instagram stories, hoping that the rumours would stop and that the media would leave us alone.

@kerahughes

Walking into the airport, Kera decided to use a different entrance and get a coffee so that the fans that would be waiting, wouldn't see us together

Walking into the airport, Kera decided to use a different entrance and get a coffee so that the fans that would be waiting, wouldn't see us together. Especially considering the post only went out 10 minutes prior and everybody was going insane on twitter.