sea.

K.J.H
I could feel the warmth of the wind, breezing gently over my shoulders and my hair effortlessly bouncing on and off my back, mimicking the bounces of the waves that the boat gracefully dances off. A peaceful stillness falls upon me, as I watch the ripples in the blue-stained transparent sea. I hear a low toned laugh behind me, to see Charles with his phone taking photos of me being mesmerised by the idyllic beauty of the waters.

'do you want to swim?' Charles asks, as he begins to slow down his boat, bringing it to a stop in the middle of no where. I nod and begin to take off the coverups I was wearing. I could feel his gaze upon me, looking at me. I chose to dismiss it, in hopes to not make it a deal, I turned back around to hide the pink blushes of joy that filled my cheeks immensely. He began to run from the wheel of the boat towards me, grabbing my hand on the way and together dragging us both off the boat and into the icey water. When I surfaced from the water, he was still beside me, but now holding my waist to keep me afloat.

After floating in the water and become used to the temperature, I climbed back on board the boat with Charles behind me. Though we didn't talk a lot, a warming and comfortable silence surrounded the atmosphere. I began to coat my body in sun cream, ensuring the sun could not burn my very pale and fair skin.

'need some help?' charles offered, noticing the difficulty I was having putting it on my back.

'yes please' I smile back as I had him the bottle. He begins to very carefully rub the sun cream into my skin, his breath on my neck almost sending shivers down my spine, his gentle massages putting my mind completely at ease and only thinking of this moment. Every doubt, trouble, thought, memory, feeling drifted away like the boat we were on drifting into the sea. Nothing could spoil this moment.

Or so I thought..

I feel Charles hands, placed on the back of my thighs before tipping me backwards. He caught my back and was now carrying me like a newly married couple. I knew my inevitable fate but still decided to protest it. Through giggles I exclaimed 'Charles no.. no!'. His soft laugh becoming more and more cheeky as a young child's would as he ran to the front of the boat. As he jumped, I felt his grip on my tightening; though I was falling, a sense of security and safety flooded through my body. Being out of control completely, somehow made me feel more in control than I ever had been.

I sank beneath the water but not for long as Charles' strong arms pulled me upwards and towards him, causing there no be no room between our chests. Him and I. Together. He places a small kiss on my forehead, then smiles back down to me. I look away, breaking the mesmerising eye contact we'd held in fear he'd seen my blushing, but he did.

'blushing mon amour?' he rolls of his tongue smoothly while exchanging a smirk.

'nope.' I deny 'and you know I can't speak French Charles' I follow, changing the subject.

'well, I guess you'll have to learn then.' He shrugs.

'Or you could just tell me what you said.' I imply, to which he shrugs again before enforcing bullets of water that he'd splashed onto my face, to which I reciprocate. The coldness of the bullets of water caused my competitive genetics to take over, and his too my the concentrated face he was holding: only cracking when he successfully blasted me with water. 5 minutes had past and we were still playing as though we were kids in the water, splashing each other like a method of flirting. You know, when you were little and you had a crush so you were mean to them? Like that.

Somehow, I found myself on top of Charles' shoulders, my legs wrapped around his neck and torso, with his hands firmly holding my thighs. He glided and swam to a large stone wall, to which I tried to reach up to but failed miserably. Eventually, we realised that there was no way of us possibly being able to climb the rock, though I persisted that I tried. Stupidly, I decided to climb swiftly and hastily to try and out run the steep lump of rock, causing me to fall dramatically back down into the water. We laughed for ages while swimming back to the boat about my failed mission, however my knee began to sting, causing me to flinch every few seconds.