surprise.

L.N.
I sat in the press conference, getting slightly more agitated by the minute. Tapping my fingers on my knee like a drummer, I drifted away into my own thoughts, waiting for a question to be asked to me. Every question was aimed at Charles, Lewis or Fernando. I got so bored I drifted into my own mind a little too far, completely spacing out and missing a question directed toward me.

As my thoughts began to drift, I daydreamed of the summer break that was only a few weeks away. I loved the summer break, it gave us all time to be with the people we love and take long breaks from stress. I pictured myself, Kera, Angie, Charles, Esteban, Pierre and Mick on a yacht drifting into the sea, everybody relaxed. We went snorkelling in the crystalline ocean while the rays of sunlight bounced off it. Another scene entered my mind; Kera had her smooth arms wrapped gently around my shoulders and neck, with me holding her on my back gently as we ran along the beach racing the others. Her beautiful hair drooped elegantly down her tanned back, the sun glaring off it. These were the moments I looked forward to, and waited to happen. Only a few more weeks. I begin to hear Kera's calming voice as I see myself spinning her around rapidly

'Lando!' she exclaims. A smile escapes my mouth, but I am abruptly interrupted and brought back to reality.

'Lando?' an interviewer asks as I am once again aware of my situation. 'Is there anything going on between you and Australian Gymnast, Kera Hughes' I feel Charles' gaze fall upon me, awaiting my answer.  I took a moment, letting out a small and awkward laugh before clearing my throat.

'Kera and I are good friends, she's a great person but there is nothing more than a friendship there, I can assure you that' I say into the microphone, proud of myself for answering such a personal question. Charles face spins back towards the cameras, oddly. I knew he liked her, that was obvious, but why was he glaring at me. I moved on swiftly after and tried my best to remain focused in the press conference, but I rarely got any questions to me.

As i'm leaving the press conference, my PR manager informs me that I handled the situation very well and quickly shut down any potential rumours, but she also scolded me for not being fully concentrated. But what else was I supposed to do? We walk back toward the McLaren garage in the beaming sunlight that has just emerged from behind a pure cloud. The weather this weekend was supposed to be all over the place according to our data, which caused my stomach to both be filled with anticipation and anxiety.

Through my sunglasses, I couldn't help but double take a young blonde girl who I swore was Kera. Suddenly then, did I realise how much I think of her, so much so that I look at people and see her and not really them. I need to stay concentrated. The girl was wearing a floral, thigh length dress which exposed her shoulders. Around her neck, a dainty golden necklace which complemented her tanned skin tone. Walking beside her was a member of the Alpine Team, who was carrying various clipboards and a pair of headphones around her neck. I notice fellow driver Pierre Gasly following closely behind her, causing my paranoid mind to truly believe it was Kera. 'Concentrate Lando' I repeat to myself, in my head.

'Lando!' A warm voice with a tint of an Australian accent calls, the girls arms now wide open, welcoming me into a hug. My heart skips a beat and sinks into a warmth as I hear that voice again. It was her- I knew it! I was so delighted to see her as it had been a long time since she was in Monaco. Her leg was wrapped in a plain white bandage, which caused her to have a slight limp, but she looked a lot better than she had done from what I saw on Instagram.

'Kera Bear!' I exclaim back to her, while pulling her into a tight hug. Her rosey scent drifts it's way into my nose, causing my nerves to fade away and turn into a comforting feeling. 'I missed you! How are you?' I ask as we pull away from the embrace.