birthday.

K.J.H
ITS ANGIE'S BIRTHDAY!!!
The sun landed on my eyes, causing me to turn over and rub my eyes. The thought of falling right back into my deep sleep was very tempting, but just as I was to do so the realisation hit me. It was Angie's birthday. I shoot up, sitting up in a tangle of her limbs and slowly sneak my way out of the bed. As I leave the room, i turn back to check my hair in the mirror one last time. I head downstairs, walking as silently as possible trying not to make a sound.

I take the small box of gifts that Id bought her out of its hiding place, it'd been hidden there all week. Surprisingly, no one had found it yet. I tiptoed my way into the living room and placed the two gifts onto the coffee table, with a handwritten card next to it. I took a step back to admire my work and smiled to myself.

'morning' a voice behind me says, making me jump once again.

'charles i'm going to put a bell on you- you can't keep just appearing like that!' i say, laughing at my own joke.

'okay okay, but only because i don't want to look like a cat. i prefer dogs'

'lies!' i exclaim, not believing he was a dog person, 'you are the most cat-person i've ever met leclerc.'

'well, you're wrong hughes.' he says while looking from across the room at me. His face suddenly drops as he sees the presents laid perfectly onto the table.
'it's angie's birthday isn't it?' he says looking disappointed in himself.

'yes it is'

'i didn't know. Well, i did but i forgot. i'm such a bad friend' he says beating himself up about it, i could tell he was very annoyed with himself.

'that's okay, i got her a present from you and pierre because i knew you're both as useless as eachother' i say, walking over to him with a large present wrapped in light pink wrapping paper in my hand.
I pass it over to him, his eyes glistened in the rising sunlight. He let out a sigh of thankfulness and put his arm around me, pulling me into a small hug. As I pulled away, I could still smell his cologne lingering around us, it filled their air between us and smelled extremely nice.

'you're such a good friend Kera' he says, looking at the present in his arms.

'i do my best' i joke.

The sound of footsteps pounce their way down the stairs, squeals of excitement follow as Angie appears at the bottom of the stairs.

'ITS MY BIRTHDAY' Avery cheers as she enters the room, all of us stood waiting for her.

'happy birthday!' we all say to her, while embracing her individually.

'look, come! we got you presents' pierre says, taking full credit for the present that I got them. Avery follows behind Pierre's lead, Charles and I sit on the couch watching as her eyes light up and a smile takes over her face.

'open mine!' i say, pointing at the two small boxes.

She un-ties the miniature ribbon and pulls back the delicate paper viciously. Like a child on Christmas day, paper gets flung all around the living room in small scrunched up balls of excitement.
Carefully, she takes off the lid of the mini box and lets out 'aw my kera bear. thats so pretty' while revealing the silvery, fragile necklace placed in the satin box. She stands up and hugs me, placing a small kiss on my cheek. She turns back to the gifts and opens the one from the boys. The wrapping was once again flung from the present and onto the floor. A large, oversized knitted Ralph Lauren sweater was revealed and she turned to show me. I'm not an actress, but I could've received an Oscar with how well I pretended I was shocked at the gift. Once again, she embraced both boys into a hug, as they looked at me with their eyes wide open.