home.

P.G
Our final day in Italy was coming close to an end. Our suitcases were already making their way to the front door. We'd spent two weeks together doing all sorts of activities but the Formula One season stops for no one. The last few days of our holiday have been lingered by an unsettling atmosphere but we still continued to enjoy our last few days together.

We all sat out in the garden, just as we had done a few nights ago. The sun was setting behind the blooming trees, even thought it was still early in the evening. I sat scrolling on my phone, realising that from tomorrow I would no longer be on holiday with my 3 best friends, but I would be back at home with Rachel, that I still haven't responded too. Charles ensured that I did not text her the same day we had our fight, but the peace that I got from it was so good that I genuinely forgot to text her back.

A cool breeze soon made its way between us, causing a shiver to run itself down my spine. Angie begins to stand up and explains that it's cold and she hasn't yet finished packing, Charles following behind her. As the two of them leave, Kera lays onto her back and takes a deep breath. Instinctively, I stand up and walk over to her and also lay down next to her. I look up and see the stars that are slowly starting to appear in the sky. We stay in comfortable for a while.

'you'll be okay, won't you?' i ask, interrupting the silence that surrounded us, and turning my face to meet hers.

'yes i will Pierre. You don't need to worry about me' she replies to me, a smile comforting me as she says it.

'okay, well you know i'm always a phone call away right? or a plane ride?'

'and you the same Pierre'

We both return to our comfortable silence, both of us looking up at the sky. Every star filling the night sky like little specs of glitter, shining and shimmering. As I'm admiring the stars, a figure catches the corner of my eye. Charles was stood at the other side of the patio door, watching us from afar. He gives me a small smile. I smiled back and gestured for him to join us. The door creeks open as he makes his way out and begins to walk towards us. Kera's head turns and follows him as he lays down on the grass next to her. A small smile forms across her face.

After a few minutes, I decide to head back inside, leaving the two of them alone on the grass. I head back and in and sit close by the fireplace in order to warm myself up.

'does Charles have a girlfriend?' a voice asks from behind me; Angie's voice.

'Not that I know of, why, are you interested?' I hint, teasing her at the same time. She walks around the sofa and sits next to me by the fireplace.

'No, i'm just thinking for Kera. That's all.'

'WHAT?? KERA LIKES CHARLES!??' I exclaim and swiftly receive a hand over my mouth, shutting me up in the process. Angie let's out a small laugh.

'no silly. I just think it could be good for her in the future. And Charles is a nice enough guy.'

'what? and i'm not!' i say, shocked at this news. Angie laughs, that's all she says before changing the conversation.

'i just think that Charles could be good for her- as friends. They've seemed to get on very well so far.'

'yea i guess they have!'

'we should set them up.' she says, acting as though it's nothing.

'set them up?'