goodnight.

C.L
The jet lag was really beginning to hit me, so as soon as Kera said she was going to head to sleep I did too. The second my head hit the pillow I was asleep. I never questioned why I was here, how I'd booked a spontaneous flight across the world without planning a place to stay for Kera. She doesn't deserve the treatment she gets off her friends.

I begin to slowly wake up at a strange noise, a creek of the door. This was followed by a single stream of light peering through the door and onto the pillow my head was rested on. I turn my head away from the light that was landing on my eyes, looking to see where it was coming from. In between the slightly opened door a familiar silhouette stood, looking back at me.

'Kera?'

'sorry.'

'come here' I said, almost as if I knew something. But in reality I didn't. I just felt as though I knew what I would want if that was me. I felt I could almost read her face and read her mind.

She closed the door behind her, shutting out the light from the other room, the light between us vanishing into an abundance of darkness. I turn on the bedside lamp that sat on top of a wooden draw. Her eyes look slightly puffy and her blonde thick hair is tied into to french braids around the back of her head. My eyes were squinted as she climbs onto her own bed, that I was lying in, due to the bright light that now filled the room.

'i'm sorry' she says again, more quietly this time. She sits in the bed next to me, I reposition myself to be sitting next to her. I decided not to say anything back, I wrapped my arms around her, letting her know that she didn't need to say sorry. Her head gently placed itself onto my shoulder. A peaceful silence falls between the two of us, only my yawning and the rustling of the pearl white blankets occasionally breaking it. Giving her my reassurance, I place my head on top of hers while still holding her in an embrace.

I feel my eyes get heavier, drooping slowly towards falling asleep. Kera too. I feel her breathing become deeper and soon enough we both fell asleep, still holding each other tightly. Whatever the reason was as to why she came in here, I didn't care. I didn't question it. I'm just glad she's here and i'm here with her. With her around my body is full at peace and an odd calmness.

In the morning, the sun pierced it's way through the window of Kera's apartment and filled the room with light once again. I felt her body move, still in my arms. She tried to sneak out of my hold, but I held her down in my arms, giggling to myself as she eventually gave up and led back down. She turned to face me, our eyes meeting and both of us beginning to laugh, her face turning red like a strawberry in doing so.

'in a rush mon ange?' I say in between her laughs. She simply rolled her eyes at me and let out a sigh while positioning her body next to mine again. I let out a small laugh before the atmosphere was interrupted by the alarm going off on my phone. I groaned as I stretched my arm out to turn it off.

After another 5 minutes of laying and laughing at each other I finally decide to get out of bed and head for a shower. Seen as I had no plans I took a bit longer than usual in the shower, enjoying the coldness of the water after being stuck in the heat for the day before. As I'm getting changed into the few clothes I brought, I hear Kera talking to someone through the door. She was giggling and talking a lot, more then i'd heard her talk before.

I opened the bathroom door and smiled at her, she smiled back, still on the phone.

'isn't it the middle of the night for you though?' she asks to whoever's on the other end of the phone.

'yea but i missed you!' A familiar female voice says on the other end: Angie.

I crawled onto the bed, and led flat next to her, deciding to wind her up. I began to gently circle my fingers on her stomach, causing her to erupt into laughter.