knock.

K.J.H
Today marked one week since I completely humiliated myself in front of the whole world to see. It was also the day that I would go back to the gym since that fall, hopefully everything would be cooled down and no one will saying anything.

I tie up my hair while I begin to put on my makeup in the bathroom mirror. Thankfully, the concealer is able to hide the puffiness of my face and the redness underneath my eyes. I prepare myself: I know that I can do this. After all, I still placed within the top 3, and still qualified to partake in nationals- somehow.

I look at myself in the mirror, my hair tied into a ponytail. I pull on some comfy joggers over my gym shorts, and a cropped hoody over the top. I have a few hours until I need to leave for the gym so decide to take some time to relax and stretch, so that I'm fully prepared to go back to the gymnasium- both physically and mentally.

I set up a small yoga mat in the space between the open kitchen and living room and begin to focus on stretch, playing music in the background. I take a few deep breaths in and hold each stretch for 30 seconds before switching to the other side.

Abruptly, there's a knock at the door which makes me question who it could be. I wasn't expecting anybody, neither had I ordered any parcels. My arms erupted with goosebumps, nervous as to who or what was behind the door. I make my way over, pausing the music simultaneously. I unlock the door and begin to open it, only slightly though in case I need to shut it quickly.

'charles?' my eyes widen, not yet believing that he was here. I hesitated, trying to stop the millions of thoughts that bombarded my mind.

'hey Kera' he says with a smile painted over his face.

'what..what are you doing here?' I say while opening the door further to fully see him, now my mind is accepting he his actually here.

'I came to see you! Is that okay?' he replies, I look up and down at him and notice he was holding onto a dark black suitcase. This when it really hit me that he was in Australia, with me.

'yes of corse. come in.' I step aside and let him drag himself and his luggage through the apartment door. Something inside me is screaming with excitement, but my head is spinning and not allowing me to think straight.

'I hope you don't mind. After the phone call last week I just felt I needed to be here, with you' his eyes meet mine. However, this time his wondrous sage eyes aren't filled with the sprinkle of passion they once were. Instead, they were filled with an almost saddened look, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me.

'I'm fine Charles I promise.' I smile back to him ensuring to reinforce him.

'oh well, best head back to monaco if you're ok! Nice to see you Kera' he jokes, pretending to take his luggage back and head to the door. I laugh genuinely for the first time since Italy. Since coming back everything has been so different. Trapped: I felt like a zoo animal enclosed in a small space after getting a sense of liberation, but this was life and not a dream unfortunately. The responsibilities we have cannot just be dropped because something else seems more enticing on the surface.

Charles being here gave me a feeling that I could breath again, I was unsure as to why but I didn't complain. It only really dawned on me that he'd flew all the way to Australia to see me when he realised he'd not booked himself to stay anywhere, trying to get here as quickly as possible. I let out a small laugh at his disorganisation but really I was smiling away due to the thought of someone caring so much they came across the other side of the world to make sure I was ok, with no where to stay.