date.

L.N
So, I kind of lied to Charles.

Well, in my defence it wasn't a lie, as such. It was more of a.. make him think I was serious but in reality i'm just trying to help a guy out. When Charles said that he was just 'friends' with Kera, I knew fully that he was lying; whether he knew he was lying and was in denial or not, I don't know. So, I did the only reasonable thing a good friend would do in that situation. I asked the girl he liked out on a date.

It sounds bad, initially. But I knew what had to be done. I took Kera to a restaurant that I loved, she wore a nice dress and a pair of sparkly earrings. I did feel bad, it wasn't my intention to lead her on. She got all dressed up but she shouldn't have, I should've told her before hand my intentions but it was too late by now.

I sit across from her, she sips a glass of ice cold water,  a smile forming on her face as she notices i'm watching her. I love to make her smile, to make her laugh, to make her happy. But I know deep down that Charles loves it more. That's why I'm doing this, that's why I'm here and I must focus in order to complete my mission.

'I'm sorry' I begin causing her to look confused and her face sinks. 'This.. this date. I hope I haven't lead you on Kera but there's something we need to talk about, and his name is Leclerc.' I continue.

'what?' she says more confused than ever, playing with the small charms that rattle together like drops of diamonds.

'To put it simply. Charles likes you, and I'm sure you like him.' Bluntly, I say.

'Has he told you that?' she says after a small look of shock in here eyes appears.

'I just know these things darling, trust me. Now, do you like him?'

'Lando, he's just a friend'

'for now.'

'What's that meant to mean?' she giggles as her face turns a rosy red colour.

'I've never seen him care about something or someone as much as he does with you. He flew across the world to you. When I call him, he can't even be bothered to get out of bed to call me back.' I say, which causes us to both chuckle, but then return to the seriousness of our conversation.

'So, what are you saying?'

'do i need to connect all the dots for you?
HE'S IN LOVE... WITH YOU!' I exclaim. Her face turns an even more blush, rose red and a large smile cascades her face from ear to ear, her beautiful smile filling the room with a warmth, a brightness, she was like the sun. She was the sun that kept everything warm. She was the sun because she kept everything alive and bright whenever you were in her presence. And even when she wasn't nearby, you knew deep down that she was somewhere, spreading the light to whoever she was around- even if it was at the other side of the world. Charles needed light. That's what he was lacking, a source of light. Kera was his source of light.

Kera stayed silent.. processing the information I had just accidentally revealed to everybody in the restaurant. 'soo.. do you like him?' I push, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She lowers her head and looks down to her wrists and the charms on her bracelet, continuing to play with them.

'don't saying anything or i swear' she says, accepting that I know her answer. A smirking smile cascades it's way over my face, causing her to look back down at her charms. 'I'm serious Norris'

'Not to worry darling. Your secret is safe with me' I say, teasing her.

———————