Chapter twenty-two

{*Grian's POV*}

"H-hello?" I called out in the light.
I saw a small body, dressed in blue. I approached it to have a closer look. "T-tautis?" I smiled in surprise. I touched his shoulder and it disappeared into fog. I stood there, haunted eyes and tears. I didn't move a muscle after touching him.

Im falling. I let go of my tears. I fell into a pitch black room with a gang of people laughing and who looked familiar.

"Sa-?" I stuttered.

-

My back stretched up from my bead. Once again, goosebumps exposed everywhere and cold sweat crawled from my face. I took a deep breath as I touched my cheeks with my hand. I took it off and stared at salty water that came from my eyes. I wiped my tears away. That's almost the tenth time I had a nightmare that's related to that one. I sighed again and grabbed my phone to look at the time.

8:13

"8:13?!" I muttered to myself. Mum's probably forgotten to wake me up before leaving to work and Sis has probably overslept again.

I rushed out of bed and combed my hair a little. I brushed my teeth, dumping lots of toothpaste on it on accident. I quickly put on some new socks, red hoodie and black skinny jeans again and rushed down. I put on my bag while putting my gloves back on.

I slipped into my red, laced shoes and unlocked the door without letting Sis know I'm leaving. She's so boring and wouldn't care anyways.
I kept running to school, panting with every step. I flapped my wings to give me a small boost. It takes me around 20 minutes to walk and I should be happy about that. I kept running and I bumped into many things. My vision got blurry as I hurt myself more and thought about that nightmare. Small tears escaped the corner of my eyes.

I looked at my phone to take a small look at my school schedule.

Physical education with Mr 😳.

Shit.

--------------

Shit.

Not P.E again. Not after the incident Scar saw. Should I make an excuse? Or should I just try less to make sure it won't bleed as much.

I made my way to the changing area for the lesson.

I walked into one of the changing rooms and... GOT CHANGED (surprise wow)! I changed into the usual: t-shirt, shorts and with addition, my gloves. At least the teacher hasn't told me off for wearing them. I took out my phone from my bag.

8:46

I'm late! The first time ever in my life, all because of a dumb illusion that will never happen to me. I'll never see him again. Ever. Ever again. Even if I could see him, I'd just run.

I exited the changing room and dumped my stuff on thefloor. I closed the door and ran inside the P.E hall.

I looked up at the teacher embarrassingly and he told me,

"Don't be late again."

I quickly nodded and sat down next to my other classmates. Someone headed towards me. I peeked through the corner of my eyes and recognised that face immediately. Scar. I smiled at him a lightly and he did back. He sat by my side and stared at me for a while before saying,

"Under your eyes. It's all red. What have you been doing?"

I rubbed them a little, and tried to think of an excuse.

"Nothing."

I rubbed them a little more, hoping the marks would disappear. Four more people sat by my side. One was Mumbo and the other three I didn't recognise.

"Ahh, so this is Mr. Grain?" she joked, looking at me and smiling to make me feel comfortable.

Scar nodded to her then turned his head back to me. "That's Cleo and that fat dog guy is Ren. He's pretty annoying though," he told me, "the last one is Doc, but you can see he's a bit of a mad scientist." He laughed.

"Wow. The whole dump is slowly coming in," I joked, whispering slightly to myself.

They all started laughing except for the dog. He folded his arms and made a mad expression. I started to laugh aswell. I guess they heard that then.

Mr. 😳 told us we were going to play mini matches of basketball in groups of six and two teams. We all ran to each other. None of us were pretty bothered to do anything, so I said,

"I have an idea. What if we just keep letting each other score points, and make it look like we were actaully playing so we get good grades?"
I liked P.E, but with a teacher that doesn't know what he's doing makes it boring.

They all started to laugh. "That's a pretty good idea actaully," Doc said.

We pretended like we knew what we were doing, and pretended we were 'just experts at P.E'.

I ran after Mumbo for no reason, just for fun (I LITERALLY NEED MORE DRAMA!!!!!). They watched us as he kept running away. He didn't even have the basketball on him. I panted as I couldn't run much longer, and tripped over my own foot again.

I started laughing really hardly for no reason, still on the floor and curling like a ball. Scar ran by me and said to me,

"That's like the tenth time this week."

He offered his hand and I grabbed it quickly like I did to Mumbo.

This school was pretty fun. Everyone's really kind and I made friends so easily because of Scar. Just because he bumped into me last week. I smiled at Scar, not letting go of his hand. I felt that weird gooey feeling in my gloves again. Not again. I let go of his hand and told Scar,

"I'll be b-back."

I speed walked to the changing rooms without letting the teacher know. I locked the door as I heard the bell rung. Just on time. That's lucky.

*

I quickly got changed into my own clothes and stayed inside for a while. I rolled up both of my sleeves carefully until it went past my elbow. I didn't have my notebook with me, so I just have my mind and my body with me. I stuffed my P.E clothes into my bag and saw blood dripping again. Not as much as last time, but it still freaked me out a lot. I sat there, staring at them. My tears ran down again as I remembered again how I got them.

Stupid people. I wish that never happened to me. I stood up and hit the wall closest to me, making a slight dent in it. My vision got blurry as i pulled down my long socks during P.E, it still had a bunch of bruises and scars all the way down. I quickly pulled them back up. My vision got blurryer as more tears streamed down. I kicked the wall again as I remembered another reason I wore my gloves.

------------

"Tsk, by yourself again?"

They all huddled around.

He punched my face to the locker. I had enough. I kicked his leg and punched him back. I kicked him again to the floor. I felt tears escaping my eyes and I stopped hurting him. This isn't me..
He jumped back up and pinned me to the lockers. He dug his wrists again into my arms. Just a little bit of blood escaped. I felt so dizzy. I dropped to the floor as they started to run away.

-----------

I started to feel dizzy. I leaned myself to the walls and collapsed to the floor, making a big thump noise.

{Word count: 1287}

Woah, longer chapter. Wowow.