First Move

Disclaimer: This story will contain topics like demons and battles and some people may find it disturbing. I have no intentions to romanticize demons or fighting. Everything like this that I wrote is based on the anime and has no other reason than entertaining people that like the anime and Harry Potter.

''This one's a young one.'' The nephilim said, referring to a not fully grown Thestral. That way Louisa, her best friend, got the answer to her question. The two sat down at the same carriage and waited for the teenage Thestral to start leading the way to Hogsmeade. Usually, the carriages wouldn't start if not all the seats were taken and this carriage had one seat available next to each girl so it kept still.

The two best friends didn't mind not going to the nearby village at the exact moment so they casually begun talking about the classes their week would begin with, the next day. Their Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher had told them she would give them group homework and she would choose the groups, as usual, which made the fifth years curious about who they would be teamed up with. The possibilities of the teams had given the students conversation topics and the two friends were talking about it too. Not long after, the two heard heard a male voice near them. ''Excuse me?'' The popular James Potter asked with Peter Pettigrew by his side. ''Do you mind if we sit here too?''

''Not at all.'' Louisa said quickly with a broad smile on her face that only her best friend could decrypt as a teasing one. Love had been crushing on James Potter since two months ago when they got partnered up for a short DADA homework. There was something about him and his humour, his style, his attitude and his sassiness and many more that made the nephilim catch feelings which of course she would never dare to confess to him. Louisa knowing was enough to get it out of her chest. Love had insecurities when it comes to dating even if her best friend tried to encourage her. The black haired half-demon was not sure of making someone date her, the spawn of Satan. Therefore, she kept quiet those two months and when James sat next to her.

So did everyone actually, until Louisa thought of a way to break the silence. ''It's just the two of you for today?'' She asked the boys.

''Yes, Sirius is on a date and Remus is in the library.'' James explained, and left one second pass before he spoke up. ''Where are you going in Hogsmeade?''

Louisa turned her big, amber eyes at the half-demon to motion her to speak. Love, not wanting to look stupid, did as she was indirectly told. ''The Three Broomsticks.''

The boy next to her let out an excitement cry. ''Mind if we join you? I'd love some butterbeer!''

''Of course.'' Said Louisa quickly before Love could process James' question in her mind. Though, she did and she blushed at the thought.

Also blushing was Peter Pettigrew, who his mate noticed and tried to find something in his head to say and break the silence and something to make the lad and the brunette next to him talk. ''Are you coming to the Quidditch game tomorrow?'' He asked, hoping he said the right thing.

The two girls sat silent for a second, which was something the sociable, extroverted Louisa wouldn't do unless she was trying to make her best friend speak up. The black haired half demon got the message and answered: ''Maybe. I'll see tomorrow if I'll go, I don't know about Louisa.''

''You two should come. Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw usually has good strategy, it will be interesting.''

''Yeah, you're right.'' Louisa exclaimed, smiling. ''Are you going to be there too?'' She asked the two Gryffindors.

Just like Louisa did before, James let a second pass so his mate would answer the question. ''Yes.'' The fellow fifth year replied shyly.

''Great. We'll come too then. We can sit next to each other to comment on the game.'' The brunette cried happily.