Ch.29: After that

James was smiling brightly at first, but when she saw how slowly Love turned her head to see him, he realised something was wrong even if he hadn't seen her face due to their distance. His smile dropped and he walked faster to reach the standing girl who tried hard to fake a smile. ''Love, what happened?'' He asked as he placed his hands on her shoulder.

The nephilim rested her whole body on him, unable to lift her arms and hug him. Sirius behind them motioned for the others of the team to walk back to the castle and glanced back at the couple that now were alone.

After a few minutes Love managed to say that Adam was dead; killed. She lied partly. She said that her father's men had killed him which wasn't completely false considering that Satan was the demon of demons and a ghoul killed Adam whose dream wasn't a simple dream after all. It was more like a warning they didn't pay attention to.

Even if the Gryffindor boy didn't know all these he felt very bad for the middle aged monk. He liked him, Adam was very good and always pleasant and also friends with his parents the past few months. Love was trembling in his arms as she tried to not cry again. It had started becoming too much for her heart to stand. ''Baby, look at me.'' The black haired boy said. ''Don't be scared about anything and anyone. If anyone comes to you, I'll be there to protect you.''

That was the last thing Love wanted to hear. She let out a cry and hugged him tightly, shaking her head as she couldn't speak from crying. James got the message. She was scared about him and herself, James understood. Only if he knew how to help her.

...

For days Love didn't train as usual, study as usual, eat as usual. She was grieving a death she couldn't handle. She hadn't lost anyone in years and now she remembered every death she had seen and it was making it very hard to breathe. At the end of the day she did ask for help. Louisa who knew everything spent hours with the blue eyed girl talking about everything the nephilim's head could think of. Love had many things she wanted to say and have someone to listen. When she was alone she would have long warm showers and she would let the vanilla scent of her shampoo relax her.

...

''Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in existence. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker. The potion smells different to each person, according to what attracts them.''

''Well done, Lily. Ten points to Gryffindor.'' Professor Slughorn said happily. ''Now you all have your ingredients with you and your books open to begin making this potion, but let me tell you. The first one of you that will finish the potion first and right, will get this little phial of Felix Felicis, also known as Liquid Luck.'' Said the professor and smiled mischievously. ''Now, begin.''

The students immediately begun following the instructions the book gave them. The nephilim wanted that potion. Just the thought that she could have liquid luck before a mission fuelled her motivations. She faced a problem, though with one ingredient. All the students except for one faced the same problem. ''Well done, Severus, my boy, well done.'' Said Professor Slughorn as he have the Slytherin boy the phial with the golden potion. Severus was free to read for the rest of the class as the other students still struggled to finish the task. The potions master advised the students to take a look on their classmate's potion to see what it was supposed to look like.

The sixth years slowly. one by one walked closer to the only filled cauldron and paused a second or two to smell what attracted them. Love was surprised to smell only two things, considering that her classmates had at least three. She could smell weapon metal and James' perfume.

James had also smelled more than two things. He smelled vanilla, rose and firecracker smoke.

''Firecracker smoke is from pranking and vanilla is Love's scent. Who's the rose?'' Sirius asked after his mate told him what he had smelled. The other Gryffindor boy stood still for a second as he realised where that smell came from.