Ch.5: Practise

The black haired girl was always glad that her adoptive father had gotten her a copy of the book 'Hogwarts, a history'. She read about the Room of Requirements in an early age. She used it when she needed a shooting range to practise or when the weather was good and students woke up earlier to take walks around the castle and every time she worked on her flames.

She generally practised at the edges of the Forbidden Forest. She would run there and then use the trees' branches to lift herself up or try to run up the tree as much as she could or climb on them. Using a sword was not that hard in the Forest, there was enough space, but only as long as there were no people around. That day she used the Room of Requirement for both sword fighting and shooting practise. She did good. All these years of training had results. Another thing she was glad that her adoptive father did. He was a good exorcist teacher. He would be proud of her if he was alive, but Satan attacked the monastery and him just before Love begun studying at Hogwarts as a first year.

She was almost a grown woman now. Intimidating when she held a sword and scary when she pointed a gun. Nothing like the sweet girl Lily talked to the previous day. Love and every other exorcist had to be different in the battlefield than outside of it. Then again, every profession that requested fighting had to be like that whether it was a soldier, an auror or an exorcist. That was why, once she got out of the Room, she acted like she always did. No one could have guest she had sliced, shot and burnt all the dummies there were in the Room.

Three and four days were left for the mission. Her mind was occupied with the strategy that was decided while she took a shower. As soon as she stepped out of the bathroom, she greeted Louisa who seemed to be in a good mood. ''How was training?'' The brunette openly asked since they were alone in the dorm.

''Very good. I am very pleased.''

''Good.'' Louisa said. ''I wish I had a mission too so I could do extra practise.''

''Don't get disappointed, Louisa. You never know when they'll need you for a mission.''

''You're right.'' Louisa sighed. He knew deep down that her friend was right, but she still felt like their superiors believed that she wasn't capable enough. She wasn't in her best mood anymore and Love tried to give her some encouragement with her words, seemingly to no avail.

They entered the DADA classroom like this and drew nobody's attention besides Peter Pettigrew. The boy with the mousy brown hair noticed that the girl he fancied was not in her usual good mood. Neither did her amber eyes sparkle as always. Even her long brown hair that were usually curly, today seemed too tired to hold the curls.

Love, next to her, said something and then left to get to Lily Evans' desk. Sirius Black, next to Peter who had seen where his mate was staring at, nudged his ribs to get him up and walk up to Louisa.

Nervously, Peter did get up and went to the brunette just as Love seemed to have finished her talk with Lily. Sirius quickly got up and walked up to the black haired girl and made sure she had her back turned at her best friend's direction. ''Good morning, Love.'' Sirius said.

''Hi, Sirius. How are you?''

''I'm good. How are you?'' He beamed with his notorious smile.

''I'm good.''

''James told me about your last night's talk.'' Sirius begun. It was the first thing that came in mind so she wouldn't leave and interrupt Peter and Louisa. ''I hope he didn't put you in trouble.''

''Why would it be trouble?'' She said, as she played calm, though Sirius remembered the looks she have given James when he wasn't looking. He gave Love a suspicious look, but nothing more to make her feel uncomfortable.