Ch.8: Attention

Love stared at James, trying to get his attention. The black haired boy saw her bright blue eyes staring at him and he straightened his back for he knew she would tell him something useful.

He left the rest of the Marauders in the spot of the Corridor they were talking and went to the petite girl with a smile on his face. ''Hi. What's up?''

''If Lily asks, you have read about ghosts.'' She said, telling him the names of the book. ''She looked pleasantly surprised when I told her you recommended it.''

James was on cloud nine. He smiled from ear to ear and gave in to the urge to hug the girl in front of him. ''Thank you.'' He exclaimed as he embraced her. He realised how short she was compared to him. He had to push his head downwards to reach hers, not only hung it down. On the other hand, he was a tall lad. A tall lad that smelled very nice according to Love. ''I have to do something to repay this favour. Whatever you need, I'm at your service.'' He cried once he pulled away from the hug and before leaving to tell the good news to his mates.

He was as excited as he could be. He felt like he had hope with the redhead. She seemed to believe a couple of good things about him. ''And all that thanks to Love.'' He was grateful for the Hufflepuff's help. He was very happy at that moment that he asked for Love's help. In just  days Lily was pleasantly impressed with what she told her. Only now, he would have to check out the books he had supposedly read. It took him the whole bloody day!

Another student was reading the potions book and he had to wait while doing his homework. At least Sirius was keeping him company. He saw Lily there too. She was studying with Love. The girls hadn't seen him so when he and Sirius were done, James wanted to make the redhead see him. He walked slower when he thought he was in their field of view.

Love looked up and saw the two black haired Marauders, one of them trying to wave, which he did and she waved back to them. Lily noticed and turned around. She was getting a little worried about the girl. She hadn't slept again. Of course she hadn't, Lily herself found her in the Library.

There were numerous theories in her head about the reasons. Maybe her dormmates weren't good to her. Maybe she was reading books, but Lily doubted it. No matter the theories, the redhead didn't guess right. The girl next to her was a trained and successful exorcist who could harm whoever she wanted to. She was ought to be feared in the battlefield and thankfully, in the battlefield only.

Having James and Sirius waving at her was something else, though. Those two had a humourless way of pranking and didn't understand how wrong was what they were doing. Love didn't look like she was a target of their pranks. Just today she saw James hugging Love in the Corridor plus they were talking the previous days. Maybe they were friends and maybe he knew what was going on with the blue eyed girl and her sleep. He asked him about it the next day, after breakfast. Lily couldn't believe that she was going to talk to the arrogant toerag, but she was worrying for the petite Hufflepuff who obviously hadn't slept well once more.

''Potter.'' She called out, already not feeling good about it, but what else could she do? Louisa had said everything was fine when it obviously wasn't as if she was trying to hide something.

The Gryffindor boy turned around and couldn't believe this was happening. He left his mates and he walked back to the redhead. ''Yes?'' He asked with a smile.

''You're friends with Love Meggison, right? I've seen you talking.'' She said, getting straight to the business.

''Yes, we're just friends.'' He replied quickly as if she asked because of jealousy.

''Is she okay?'' James eyebrows shot upwards from the girl's question. That was not what he expected. ''She hadn't been sleeping. Is something bothering her? Or someone?''