Ch.18: Boys Talk

Love's good mood after the dinner, got quickly destroyed, almost just when she stepped in the dorm. She got in the room, shut the door behind her, nodded at the girls to greet them and sat on her bed to take off her shoes.

''How was dinner with James tonight, Love?'' A girl from the dorm asked teasingly. Love furrowed her eyebrow and questioned what she meant. She questioned it so much, she felt the need to ask about it.

''What do you mean?''

''We know you have a thing for him.'' Another said.

''A thing?'' She asked, starting to feel nervous.

''Louisa told us you fancied him for some months now.'' The girl that talked first said.

Love felt anger. She decided to not express it now. She turned her attention to the bed next to hers where Louisa was laid and felt angrier when she saw that the brunette was smiling as teasingly as the other girls and seemed to have no remorse for talking to them about her feelings. ''I don't want to talk about that.'' She said, trying to not show her irritation, humiliation or hurt from having her best friend gossip about her.

''Why not?'' A girl from the dorm cried. ''Come on, tell us.''

''No.'' The black haired stated and took her pyjamas in hand. ''I'm going to get changed.'' She said and walked in the bathroom to get changed. She quickly got undressed, trying to not take her anger out on her clothes. Just when she was about to put on her pyjamas, her eyes fell on the scars on her body. Reminders from the battles. She had scars on her torso, upper arms and legs, but she didn't find them ugly at that moment. There were times she did, but now she was mad at the girls in her dorm and the girl her best friend had become.

She got out of the bathroom, said a plain good night and shut the curtains of her bed. She didn't fall asleep quickly for she was mad. It was the first time she didn't want to talk to Louisa, maybe not even see her. She thought the same thing the next morning too. She just hoped the girls wouldn't spread the words, she would be utterly humiliated.

...

She are breakfast alone. She was still not in the mood to see the girls. Maybe she was overreacting or maybe it was her demon anger, but nevertheless she felt angry at her best friend.

She walked alone to the DADA classroom and while in the room, Louisa did not bother to come and apologise for telling others about something she had clearly stated she didn't want others to know. Had she told Peter too?

Yes, she did, was the answer. She did that morning while she told him the news of the previous day.

''You seem like you're not in a good mood.'' Sirius whispered at Love before class started. ''What happened?''

''Nothing.'' She replied. ''I have to be the one that solves it.''

The grey eyed boy was determined to find out what was that that had Love look angry all day long. They had scheduled a session in the Library after dinner with James and Remus. It would be the last time they would have to study for the most recent team homework they had for Defence Against the Dark Arts.

Love's tail inside the enchanted bag that was tied around her belly was moving from side to side from the imaginary argument she had with Louisa inside her head. Just when she had calmed down, the girls at dinner begun asking her about her crush and made her mad all over again.

At least the homework was over.

...

''Why was Love in such a bad mood today?'' James asked his mates as he was laid on his bed.

''I don't know.'' Sirius said. ''I tried to get something out of her, but I got nothing.''

''She got mad at the girls.'' Peter answered. ''Louisa told them something Love apparently didn't want to.''