Ch.25: At night

James wondered who the man with the long purple hair that sat next to Love on the ground was. It was Saturday and he wanted to spend time with his girlfriend who seemed to not be in a good mood all week. He was curious and walked the big distance that separated them quickly, especially when that man rested his arm around Love's shoulder. By the time he had reached the middle of the distance he huffed in frustration for the purple haired man grabbed Love by the jaw to turn her face at his when she turned around at whatever he told her. The Gryffindor practically jogged to them and had a blush caused by his anger. ''Hello.'' He spat a few steps before reaching them.

They both turned around. Love recognised James' voice immediately and turned around quickly in almost fear while Mephisto turned around faster when he saw his sister turning around so fast. The demon saw a teenage boy holding a picnic basket above them. He seemed angry and like his hair had been hexed into this messiness, but other than that, he didn't find a reason to pay him more attention. If it wasn't for his burning stare right at him and that Love got out of his arm around his shoulder, he wouldn't have gotten so intrigued on who was that lad. ''Hello.'' Mephisto greeted with his usual happy demeanor while Love was freaking out. The demon happily got up and extended a hand for the young man to shake. ''Mephisto Pheles. Who do I own the pleasure?''

''James Potter.'' The black haired teen said. ''Love's boyfriend.''

Now that was gold for the demon. Mephisto chuckled just a little. ''My, my.'' He said. ''I didn't know my sister has a boyfriend.'' James' eyes widened and immediately turned to face Love who seemed like she was having the worst time of her life. ''How long have you been dating?''

''Mephisto.'' The girl interrupted with a glare. ''Don't.''

The demon smiled evilly. He raised his hands in mock surrender and took a step back. ''Alright, I'll leave you two lovebirds alone, we'll finish our talk another time, sissy. See ya.'' He said and magically apparated with a form of apparation that wizards did not have, leaving the two black haired teenagers alone.

James huffed as he let down the picnic basket. ''You have a brother.'' He spat. ''And you did not tell me?'' He said, raising his voice a little.

''I am as surprised he came to see me as you are.'' The girl explained.

''It doesn't matter Love. When were you going to tell me that you have a brother? I thought your only family was your father and aunt in France. An aunt who I almost accidentally learnt existed. What other basic about you do I not know, Love?''

He had every point to be mad and the nephilim knew that, but she had to keep her secrets hidden especially at this moment. ''I haven't seen my brother in three years and I hoped it would remain that way.'' She said as calmly as she could. ''I didn't want to see him and you shouldn't either. Mephisto is big trouble. You should keep away from him and not talk to him even if he talks to you, he never comes for good; only for trouble. He is doing some jobs my father is doing and knows how to control our brother to cause the trouble he wants. Our brother is natural at that.'' That was what she could say. She wanted to be as fair as she could; Mephisto had done some good things. He helps exorcist missions for years and has helped Love to hide her tail and learn how to control her anger, but he was horrible and their brother even worse for he didn't care the destruction he caused.

James who didn't know of all these, sighed the shock out of him. ''You have another brother?'' A part of him wanted to chuckle, but above all, he didn't know what to say. He paced around until his back was turned at his girlfriend. ''What else are you not telling me?'' He honestly asked, turning back to face the black haired girl. ''We've been dating for almost six months and I don't know about the existence of your siblings, what is going on with your father, why you're not talking with anyone of them? These are basic things, Love. As much as you might be angry at them, you have no reason to keep it a secret from me. This is not how relationships work; people don't walk up to their girlfriends and find out they have a brother, two brothers, that are doing the same job as the father that is who knows what?''