Ch.24: Trouble comes

Now that he was thinking about it, he learnt quite a number of things about his girlfriend just by accident. He was sure Love would sooner or later tell him all these on her own. It made him question what else he didn't know about his sweet girl so much he knocked on Sirius' door on some random day.

''Come in.'' The grey eyed boy said from the other side of the door and so did James, lost in his thoughts, thinking about different scenarios of Love's childhood.

''How do you think Love did at the muggle school before Hogwarts?'' He asked when he entered the room.

''She must have been a good student, she's smart.''

''What's wrong, Pads?'' He asked, noticing the slight sad tone in his mate's voice that he tried to hide.

Sirius sighed deeply. ''My brother is all alone against our mother's anger.''

That had Sirius worried all day long. He couldn't stop thinking about it. If he could turn back time, he would have stayed there with him since he didn't want to leave. He was a good kid after all, even if he was a Slytherin and supported the stupid believes their parents held; he believed them because he grew up like that not because he actually supported them. That got Love worried when she saw the usually joyful boy unable to get cheered up. He told her the truth when she asked him what was wrong.

''Do you want to have your brother with you?'' She asked him.

''Of course I do.'' Sirius replied not one second later.

''Then have him.'' She replied, getting more comfortable with James' arm over her shoulder on the bed they were sitting on. ''It is only distance that's separating you.''

The grey eyed boy couldn't help but smile sadly to himself. ''I doubt he wants to see me again.''

''Why wouldn't he?''

''Because I left him behind with them.'' Sirius explained. ''He has every right to not want to talk to me.''

Love had heard a story similar with that before. ''You know, something like that had happened to my mother and her sister.'' She begun, surprising James with the news that she had an aunt. ''When my mother left to become an exorcist in the muggle world, her sister wouldn't talk to her and then she regretted it.'' Because her mother had died and she died young. ''It is just the distance between you and your brother. Don't let it become an obstacle, you're lucky you have a family.'' He was not lucky for having the parents he did, but he was lucky for his brother, both the boys realised she meant that. What James had just realised was that Love was not opening up one bit. He had just found out, after months of dating, that she had an aunt and he learnt that by accident too. A part of him excused it for she lived in France ever since her sister died and she has no relationship with Love, but she still didn't tell him that either.

The surprised boy thought of all those on his own for Sirius was thinking of the nephilim's words. She had given him what sounded like good advice. He thought of Love as a good, close friend after the next times they spent together while James felt growing a little distant from all the basic things he didn't know about his girl. That didn't last long, though.

...

Hogwarts started earlier than Love felt like. She couldn't wait to go back to be honest. It was a new year and nothing felt more refreshing than a new year in Hogwarts.

James felt even better for returning. He was eager to see his girlfriend again whom he hadn't seen in a little over than three weeks and had missed her. His mother quite thought that it was better like that. After she saw the girls tattoo, scars and learning how troublesome and violent she was as a child, she changed her mind about the girl. James didn't spot that change. He was so lost in his thoughts about his girlfriend that he couldn't see that his mother did not approve of her anymore. He was too glad to see his black haired girl a feet feet away from him on the train to think of what his mother believed; he was too busy hugging her.

''I missed you.'' He said after giving her a long peck on her lips.

''I missed you too.'' She chuckled.

''Let me help you with these.'' The Gryffindor said and took his girlfriend's trunks in his hands. No matter how much Love told him to at least give her one of the trunks, he kept walking until he reached the Marauders' compartment not very far away.

''Love.'' Sirius cried when he saw her and got up to give her a hug.

All the boys were glad to see her, knowing how much happier James was for meeting her over the summer even if he felt unsure about their relationship at some points.

The black haired girl sat down in the compartment with the lads. It was the first time she sat with so many friends. All of the sudden the compartment's door opened to reveal the brunette Love used to be best friends with. "Hi." Louisa beamed with joy. Her hair had gotten even longer and her skin was more tanned, making her amber eyes look bigger.

Peter got up, seemingly to peck her lips, but Louisa gave him a full short snog session instead, making the shorter lad blush intensely. "Hello, love." He told her in a quiet voice just when the brunette had turned to Love.

The girls smiled at each other awkwardly at first. They hadn't exchanged letters since the beginning of their holidays; just a simple "Hi, Louisa." was all Love could think of what to say.

"Hi. How are you?"

"Good. How was your summer?"

"Good." The brunette said. They didn't have much of a chat after that. The six teenagers were taking all together until James had to change compartment for Head Students and Prefects meeting. He was too bored to go, but he had no other choice but to get up and walk to the other side of the train.

Most of the Prefects seemed to be there when he got in the compartment and also inside was Lily Evans. James didn't notice but he paused for one split second when he saw her; she had become a lot more beautiful throughout summer. Her hair got longer and her face more like a woman. Her body had changed too from what he could see. It was amazing what puberty could do. He was slightly impressed.

Once their meeting was over and it was decided that Lily and he would have to spend some time together for their Head Boy and Girl responsibilities, they all walked out. James scoffed loudly when he saw Snivellus waiting outside for Lily. The Slytherin boy noticed and returned the gesture before Lily took his forearm to leave. James could swear he had seen Love staring at him the way Lily glanced at Snivellus just now. It was impossible for a girl like Lily to stare at someone as disgusting and greasy as him. He was more than lucky to have her as a friend something James was wondering how it was happening as well. He was much better than Snivellus yet Lily could barely stand him and Snivellus being him was friends with her even before Hogwarts while James tried so hard to get close to her. He could really make no sense.

He found himself staring between the two friends during the Sorting Ceremony. The filthy snake had the audacity to smile at the redhead when she was not looking. He thought he saw Lily smiling when the other was not looking either. James actually let out a laughing breath. He really found it impossible. Love couldn't see who James was staring besides Lily for it was at the other side of the Great Hall. When she spotted him staring at Lily so many times made her insecurities float on the surface. She was the child of a demon, what was she thinking? She shouldn't have dated James, why did she do it? She was busy thinking of all those... again. It was making her tired especially when she realised how much better it would be for James to date Lily. He was fancying her for years after all. That didn't mean she questioned his feelings for her or his loyalty, but she had to be honest to herself, it would be better if she had kept her distance. Not even the good view in front of the Black Lake could calm her mind down from her thoughts and the visit she suddenly got wouldn't help either, she was sure. Mephisto always brought trouble and Love was not in the mood for her half brother's mess.

James wondered who the man with the long purple hair that sat next to Love on the ground was. It was Saturday and he wanted to spend time with his girlfriend who seemed to not be in a good mood all week. He was curious and walked the big distance that separated them quickly, especially when that man rested his arm around Love's shoulder.