Ch.14: Small Talk

James, Sirius, Remus and Love spent more and more time with each other.

Peter and Louisa were on dates with every chance. The couple seemed to be utterly filled with joy. They were both on cloud nine and their private time gave their friends as much time to hang out. The group of four studied together, took walks and they even joined Love on her morning run one day.

''I need to work out more.'' Remus panted after just one and a half run around the castle. The other three, due to playing Quidditch and practising martial arts were used to getting their bodies tired.

''Let's take a break to stretch.'' Love suggested and sat on the ground with her legs in front of her and leaned over them with ease.

Remus chuckled. ''You think I can stretch.'' He joked.

''Come on Remy.'' Sirius encouraged. ''Start with your arms.'' He said and raised his arm to bend it behind his head, James and then Remus doing the same.

The green eyed boy was both happy and motivated when they were done and begun heading inside. They all took a long shower and made sure they would smell like their shampoo and shower gel and not like sweat.

Love's hair smelled like vanilla James, Sirius and Remus noticed as they sat with her in the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. Love had taken Peter's seat next to Sirius, or more likely, Peter took hers next to Louisa.

''Now-'' The professor said as the lesson was coming to an end ''-I will give you one more group homework. This time you will work with the person you share the desk with, from what I can see, you can all work well with them. Write down your topic when you hear you names.''

...

''This will be easy.'' Sirius confidently said sitting next to Love in the Library. ''I have studied exactly the same topic with the lads when we wanted to prank the Slytherins outside their Common Room.'' He said and laughed. ''They were swearing for weeks.'' He remembered. ''We'll just add some things and here we have it, a clear 'O'.''

''Let's get to work.'' Love smiled. She could easily work with Sirius, he was much more responsible than he let people see.

They were concentrated for the project, but Sirius wanted to take a break after an hour. ''I'm bored.'' He whined and let his head fall on his arms on the desk.

''Do you want to take a break?'' Love suggested. Sirius smile was enough of an answer.

''So, how's Louisa?'' He asked after a silent second.

''Happier than I have ever seen her.''

''So is Peter. These two are great for each other.''

''Indeed they are.''

Sirius smirked to himself, thinking about bringing her and James as a topic at their conversation. Should he or should he not? James had stopped talking as much about Lily the past two weeks that Peter and Louisa begun dating and they got closer to the nephilim. Actually, he had brought Love up in conversations a few times. It wasn't as in a romantic interest, but that's how his crush on Lily started and it was better than nothing in general. He usually talked about that she's a good girl, smart and that it impressed him how much more there are in her than he thought. Love seemed to get more comfortable around him too. Perhaps he could talk with her about it.

Keeping his smirk, he raised his head from the desk and rested his jaw on his hand. He stayed like that for a few seconds until Love realised what he meant. She sighed. ''I don't want to talk about it.''

''Why not?'' Sirius whined jokingly. She didn't have a reason, it was more like an automatic answer and her silence proved it. ''You don't have to worry so much.''