Ch.16: Realisation

James escorted Love to a point towards her Common Room. Love insisted that it was far from the Gryffindor tower and he shouldn't walk so far just to get her to her Common Room.

He was lost in his thoughts on his way to his dorm. Inside, his mates were awake and the black haired boy felt the need to share his thoughts with them. He closed the door behind him, sat on his bed and spoke up. ''I do have feelings for Love.''

Immediately Sirius gasped from joy, Remus smiled knowingly and Peter smiled teasingly.

''Louisa will love these news.'' Peter said.

''No.'' James exclaimed quickly. ''Louisa must not learn anything, especially her. The girls in her dorm are big gossipers, I don't want Love to find out and feel awkward and stop talking to me.'' At that thought Love's image in the Great Hall was brought in his mind. She didn't seem to be having a good time with all the girls eating with her and Louisa, she was much happier when it was only Louisa and Love. He would invite her to eat with them. No, she wouldn't want to ditch the brunette.

''Love will be the one to tell Louisa.'' Sirius said with his confident smirk. James sat on the edge of his bed and placed his elbows on his knees. ''What are you planning?'' He asked with a smirk on his lips too.

The grey eyed boy's smirk widened. He knew that Love fancied James and now it would be much easier to get them together, though, he had to be careful to not say anything about Love's feelings before they get together.

...

James had a good shower the next morning before classes. He put on his uniform and took a big breath to boost his confidence before getting out of his dorm with his mates behind him. Sirius felt the most confident and ambitious of the four about this because he knew of how the black haired girl felt.

The black haired girl worked out before taking a shower and going to breakfast. She was more awake than most of the other students. Louisa was included in those too.

When Love found one time when none of their dormmates or another student was around the brunette she found a chance to talk to her best friend. ''You ditched training again.'' She said quietly.

Louisa could barely not roll her eyes. ''I know. We stayed up late talking in the Common Room. I had to get sleep.''

''You shouldn't have stayed up so late then, Louisa.'' Love scolded, trying hard to not yell at her friend. ''We have a mission on Saturday, what will you do? You can't ditch practise. We'll talk about our plan and strategy tomorrow, we have to be concentrated.''

''You're not my Captain here, Love.'' She snapped and tried to leave.

Love's demon anger made her snap. She grabbed her best friends wrist and got her attention without yelling. She didn't need to yell to show her anger. ''I am your Captain on the battlefield and that is more important than fooling around with a boy and girls that ditched you in third year if you don't remember. On missions, it's not that easy to try again if you do a mistake. If you do a mistake, there are possibilities to die, Louisa! Wake up and go train, you know these, you don't have to hear them from anyone.''

She talked quietly, but threateningly and then she walked fast and away from her best friend. She headed to DADA classroom counting her breaths and massaging her forehead to help herself calm down.

''Hello, Love.'' A voice said with a mixture of emotions that Love didn't pay attention to at that moment.

She turned her head around and stopped massaging her forehead. It was the Marauders, James had greeted her. ''Good morning.'' She said, not as joyfully as usual, even though she tried.