Ch.11: Returning

The rest few days of the Christmas holidays passed peacefully. Love ate family meals with the monks which was something she needed. Those were moments like every teenager had and Love didn't. She could get tired of that way of life, but her motivation kept her going to make the world even just slightly a better place.

Returning to Hogwarts, she spent the train ride studying the things they would be taught next so in case she had to go away for a mission, she would have less hard time catching up. Louisa on the seat opposite to hers did the same. Those many hours were productive, but had to come to an end when they reached home. It was a dark night, but with a clear sky. All the stars were visible, it was gorgeous to say the least and Peter have thought of how to do something with it. He and his mates were waiting for the two girls at the castle's entrance wearing their coats for it had stopped snowing only twenty minutes ago. Louisa stood out in Peter's eyes from the others in the crowd not because she was tall, but because he had a crush on her that was getting bigger and bigger. He might be awkward, but he was a teenager.

The boys smiled broadly at the girls, mostly because they knew what Peter had thought of and greeted the two Hufflepuffs.

The girls were happy to see the lads, especially Louisa who was accepting her feelings for Peter.

''Are you going to your dorm?'' The shorter boy asked.

''We guess.'' Louisa answered, not feeling very sure. It was not a question she was waiting for, where else could they be going after a train ride?

''We were thinking of taking a walk since there's no wind, maybe build a snowman too. Do you want to come? We would like your company.'' Peter said, more confident than usual.

''I'd love to.'' Louisa said turning to Love.

''Count me in too.'' She said and the six walked away from the castle to take a long walk to nowhere in particular. Peter and Louisa walked further from the others, keeping each other company which left Love with the remaining three Marauders.

''How was the train ride?'' Remus, always polite, asked.

''It was good. Many students were excited to be able to use magic again.''

''Were there many jinxes?'' James laughed.

''Only a few actually.'' Replied Love, surprised that there were only few.

''Did you have a good time home?'' Sirius asked the nephilim who instantly nodded and smiled.

''Yes, it was very nice.'' She said honestly. The time she spent with the monks were enough to make a good conclusion of her holidays besides the mission and her best friend's injury.

''We got your present, by the way.'' James exclaimed as he suddenly remembered. ''Thank you, it was very nice and it might come in handy.'' He said as he reached from his throat inside his coat to reveal that he had made the tiny glass bottle with the four-leaf clover in it a necklace using a thin rope. Remus and Sirius did the same, showing that they had done the same.

''Thank you.'' Love said, meaning the attention they had paid to the little object she had given them. ''I'm glad you like it.''

Sirius found an opportunity to joke around. ''I swear Mrs. Norris is staying away from me more.'' He said, making the nephilim laugh.

''She isn't a demon, Sirius. The charm won't work on her.''

''Not even charms against demons can keep her away.'' He huffed.

Love laughed again. ''That's not how charms against demons work.''

''It would be useful, though.'' Sirius remarked.

''If a charm against demons could work on a cat-'' Remus said ''-then it would work on you too. So be careful what you wish for.''

James had begun laughing before Remus had stopped talking. It was Sirius' turn to laugh when a snowball hit James on the head, meaning a snow fight would begin. The opposing team was originally Louisa and Peter who threw the snowball, but Love quickly joined her best friend's side so the two teams would be even.

The teenagers ended up with wet clothes from all the snow that had been thrown at them and only then they decided to get back inside. Peter and Louisa again walked next to each other a little further than the others and laughed at each other's words.

''Dinner has already started.'' Remus said after he glanced at his watch.

''Oh, that's why I'm hungry.'' Sirius exclaimed. The students had gotten used to eating around the same time every day. They walked towards the Great Hall, enjoying how warm the castle was the deeper you got into it, thinking if they should suggest to eat together. Louisa didn't think of it that much and happily asked the Marauders to join her and Love for dinner. The boys quickly said yes and thought that it would be good for what was escalating between Peter and Louisa.

Love admired her best friend for that. She was an exorcist and could have a boyfriend too like it was simple. I could do that too, the nephilim thought το herself. She decided to sit next to James, forgetting about the boy's crush on Lily Evans and begun filling her plate, trying to join in the conversation when she could. She had a lot to say when it came to the Ghoul Studies lesson. Love was the best in their year due to the training she had from a young age. Louisa finished some of Love's sentences having heard all those a million times herself and the two left the boys with hanging mouths. Their knowledge was incredible.

''What do you want to do when we graduate?'' James asked the two girls once another topic of ghoul species was done being talked about.

''We're going to work as exorcists.'' Louisa said carefully. Any other combination of words could make people understand that they were already doing this job and in Hogwarts and the students it had, it was not a word you wanted to spread.

''That's dangerous.'' Sirius remarked.

''Said a lad who wants to become an auror.'' The brunette joked.

''Aurors fight people, exorcists fight demons. It's completely different.'' The grey eyed boy defended and he was right. Demons are not creatures you want to mess with.

''Someone has to fight demons too.'' Love said as a matter of fact, which it was. We need all the professions in the world. James smiled at the black haired girl next to him, slightly admiring her for the bravery she was willing to show. He remembered the rumours about her being a bad person, but now besides knowing she wasn't one, he thought what if she was mean to people to make herself used to the emotional condition she will have to endure as an exorcist. It clicked in his mind and he kept eating his meal, thinking just how interesting these two girls were and how if Peter had never paid attention to Louisa, he wouldn't have developed a crush on her and they wouldn't be here now. Love too kept eating thinking about the new people she met after James smiled at her. She felt so good at that moment. She believed she could have what she silently wished with James. She was lost in her thoughts. So was Louisa.

The moment they sat down on two chairs in the corner of their Common Room, Louisa sighed loudly and dreamingly just like Love was thinking of doing. ''I want him.'' The brunette said when she was done with her sigh.

''It's obvious he wants you too. Don't delay it.'' The nephilim encouraged.

''I don't think I will.'' She said with a sly smile. ''Will you?'' She asked Love.

''I was thinking about it.'' She admitted. ''Maybe I could try.'' She wasn't such a bad person after all, she wouldn't be that bad as a partner even if she was a nephilim.

...

The next day she wasn't as sure about herself, but decided that if she can fight demons, she could try to talk with the boy she liked.