Ch.4:Homework Assignment

''Love!'' Louisa whisper-shouted when she reached the opposite spot from her best friend on the Hufflepuff table. ''Did you hear?'' She exclaimed, excitedly. ''Amos Diggory broke up with Amanda Hollns. They say she cheated on him!''

''Poor Amos.'' Love said. She felt bad for people that could date and got hurt.

''That's all you have to say?'' Louisa cried after some seconds. ''The whole school is talking about it.''

Love sighed. ''School always talks about other poeple' lives, it's not a surprise. Why would I bother pay attention to what is probably rumours?''

''Because you should know what is going on in the place you live in.''

''It is something that has to do with them. The best people that can help them, are their friends. Anyone else in useless.''

Louisa huffed in annoyance. Her friend would not even try to pay attention to other people, let alone meet them. The sound of owls flying broke the silence of the two girls' breakfast. A letter was dropped in front of Louisa's plate and an envelope with a familiar emblem was dropped in front of Love's.

The nephilim quickly got the envelope and put it in the front case of her bag so she would be able to check it was there anytime she wanted. The envelope contained information for a mission she was assigned to go on. That was how she was told when and where her missions would take place and anything else she needed to know. There would be information of the place, date, demon category and specie etc in an envelope with the respected emblem of the True Cross Order. She had at least three days to prepare, they always gave her time to do her homework and talk to the Headmaster about her upcoming absence.

''Love, I'm going to ask you something and I want an honest answer.'' Louisa said seriously. Love nodded, making her friend continue. ''Have you asked our superiors to not include me in missions?'' She asked quietly.

''No.'' Love simply stated.

''I haven't been sent on a mission for almost two months!''

It was obvious the tall brunette was upset, but Love couldn't do anything about it. ''Maybe there are no missions that require our help so often. I haven't gone on a mission for some time now too.''

Louisa's amber eyes stared at her best friend casually eating her breakfast and didn't know what to think. On one hand, Love had tried very hard to persuade Louisa to not become an exorcist at that age so it would make sense if she requested for Louisa to not be a part of the exorcist world. On the other hand, though, Love would never take this job away from her because she knew how much she liked it even if it was weird and dangerous. She probably hadn't done it. There must have not been missions for second lower class exorcists like her. It was a good thing that there were not, that meant the world outside was safer.

However, Love was a first middle class, a higher rank than Louisa's which meant it would be a more powerful demon and therefore a more dangerous mission. In most of their missions the two girls were sent together because of the good team they made due to their friendship. Louisa didn't know how to feel about having her best friend away, fighting, without her being able to go and help her. Then again, Love couldn't hide her missions from her because the Headmaster was always informed for when then would take place. She was bothered by those thoughts while Love couldn't wait for the classes to finish so she could open that envelope. How could she think of Defence Against the Dark Arts while the information of her next mission where in arm's reach? The waiting could make her explode.

''Now, since we have only five minutes left, I'll tell you the pairs for your group homework.'' Professor McKay said, taking a glance at her watch. She had tried to put pairs of students together that could help them in both academics and the life they had besides as students. She believed in teamwork a lot and tried to do the best she could. ''Peter Pettigrew with Louisa Stammer.'' She called out. She had noticed the two getting closer the past few days and Peter always seemed to blush more than usual and stare at her with the dreamy eyes only a in love person could have.