Quidditch Match

The next morning, Louisa woke up her black haired best friend more excitedly than ever before.

''Louisa, let the poor girl sleep, you have time until the match.'' One of their two roommates said.

''Aren't you excited? Hufflepuff is playing today!''

Their roommate just laughed. ''Let her sleep. You'll have plenty of time to get ready.'' She said and walked out of their dorm to go to breakfast.

Now, Love was at her best friend's mercy, but Louisa didn't show any.

''Louisa, if you keep trying to get my blanket, I will start thinking that a demon has possessed you.''

''Get up and you'll see I'm not possessed.''

''Nah.'' The nephilim got under her blanket. After some minutes, Love got up and her best friend was almost ready. She was wearing casual clothing, but looked like a goddess as always. Times like these, Love was jealous of her best friend's looks like many other girls. Love wasn't bad looking, she was pretty, but Louisa was gorgeous. Maybe if she looked like her friend, she would have more chances with James. However, Love had another kind of beauty that not many had, a more scaringly, other-world beauty. Unfortunately, the scars from exorcist battles made her insecure sometimes even though she knew she had no reason of worrying about those. Scars are not bad looking and sometimes they could be beautiful, especially with a story like hers. ''What clothes do you suggest?''

Louisa beamed from joy. ''Your navy blue sweater will look amazing with your blue-black jeans. This will make your eyes look brighter and will show off your curves and muscles perfectly.''

Love spent a second to show her amazement with her expression. ''Nice. I'm going to take a shower now.''

The black haired girl threw some water on her face to wake up before undressing to get in the shower. She had to take off one piece of clothing the other people didn't have to. It was a small bag with two long straps that were always tied over her belly. The bag, at her lower back, had an extension charm on it and it was used to hide her tail in it. When Love had to draw the Kurikara, Mephisto gave her that bag to hide her tail effectively in the Wizarding World. The two long straps were more than enough to circle her body from her lower back to her lower belly which, with a concealment charm to make the bag invisible, helped her hide her tail, without preventing it from moving.

The tail was one of the two extra things she had on her body. It was a black fur-tufted tail that moved around every time her heart beat faster.

The other was a mark that looked like a tattoo. It was on her upper back, between her scapulas and shoulder base. It was blue, the same intense blue as her eyes and flames and had a flame-like design. That was were the Kurikara was hidden. A girl named Shura had done this for her own demon blade and Love thought that it was a good idea. She was lucky Mephisto had agreed to help her with it.

...

It was a cold day for a match, but then again it was early December. Nevertheless, Love had begun regretting not staying in her dorm room.

The Quidditch pitch was already crowded when the two friends got there. The two girls would meet the Marauders at the end of the stairs to find six seats together. It was all part of the plan the four boys made.

The two Hufflepuffs saw the four lads having an interesting conversation and felt bad interrupting them. Thankfully, they didn't have to because Sirius Black turned his head and saw them. He smiled broadly, showing them one of the ways he made girls swoon. ''Good morning.'' He waved at them, making the rest of the Marauders turn their attention to the two girls. They too smiled, all three with their way. James smiled broadly, Remus smiled politely and Peter smiled shyly. Louisa and Love returned the gesture and walk up to them.

''Hello.'' James greeted happily. ''Let's go. I can see some seats, they won't be there for long.''

The six fifth years walked together. ''You look beautiful.'' Peter told Louisa before letting her walk first, in front of him.

''Thank you.'' The brunette beamed, unaware that Peter had expressed his thoughts because Sirius advised him to and also that Love was not behind her. The boys hoped that if the two girls weren't together throughout the game, Louisa would talk with Peter more. That ended with Love in between Remus and James. The first thing she realised was how short she was compared to the two boys on her sides. She was almost average height, but Remus and James were very tall and that made her feel tiny.

Love didn't understand much from the game. Quidditch was not her cup of tea, but James didn't know that and he asked her excitedly. ''Who do you think will win?''

Love paused for a second. ''Um, Hufflepuff?'' She would support her House.

''Remus, mate, what do you say?''

''I'm think Hufflepuff will win too.''

''Let's see.'' James said excited, running a hand through his already messy hair.

''Diggory got the snitch. Hufflepuff wins!'' The commentator yelled, causing most of the audience to cheer loudly. Even if Love wasn't a big fan of Quidditch, she was happy her House won the match. She got up to applause like James and Remus did so she wouldn't feel out of place and indeed she didn't. She was paying so much attention to the players and feeling how fast her tail was moving inside the charmed bag that was tied around her belly, that she didn't see Louisa hugging Peter out of her excitement. Sirius Black, that did saw them, stopped applauding due to the excitement he felt. He felt happy for his mate and proud that he was trying to get out of his shell for that girl. She was in Hufflepuff, she should be loyal. That was exactly what Sirius thought Peter needed and he wasn't wrong. Many people forgot to see that he was quite insecure and having someone for him and him only would only do good to him. Louisa seemed like a good person and according to rumours about her best friend's temper, she was also patient.

Everyone in Hogwarts had heard about Love's snaps every now and then. People said that they could see her get angry, but she was trying to keep calm and not snap, because when she did, she was yelling and had actually made some people permanently shut up in front of her when it came to several topics like blood prejudice and her adoptive father. She was sassy, that was for sure and how intriguing that was. Almost as intriguing as the look she gave James when he was smiling and applauding. Sirius had seen looks like this many times before from his fangirls and other girls that stared at his friends this way. He didn't know Love was one of them. Too bad his mate liked Lily. He would like to have a girl friend that is not afraid of roasting people. Maybe he and Love could be friends. She didn't have to talk to James and get herself hurt, they could be friends like that.

...

''Well, Love, it was a great game, wasn't it?'' Sirius asked the black haired girl once they begun leaving the pitch.

''Yeah, it was cool.'' She said, obviously not believing it.

Sirius chuckled at the nephilim. ''You didn't understand anything from the game, did you?''

This time, Love chuckled. ''No, I didn't. I'm clueless when it comes to Quidditch.''

''You seem quite well built, though. Do you do another sport or do you just work out?'' Sirius asked, trying to keep having a conversation.

''I practise martial arts.'' On demons, more specifically.

Sirius' eyebrows shot upwards. ''Wicked!'' He exclaimed. ''So you know about self defence then.''

''Yes, I've learned some things.''

''Is that why you're running around the castle in the morning?'' It was no secret that she did. Many students had seen her running around school on the Weekends and whenever there was a full moon, the Marauders would often see her run. It was early enough to guess that she did extra rounds on the Weekends.

''Yeah, running is a good warmup. Don't you run before Quidditch?''

''We do run and then we do rounds on our brooms. Such a pleasant feeling flying is, we should have a friendly game one day.''

''Sure.'' Love said.

''Tomorrow?'' He requested, hoping she would agree. This girl was known for not letting people get close to her.

''Tomorrow.'' Love nodded. Why not? She needed something to do, she hadn't gone on a mission for a while and the lack of her routine made her bored. Quidditch could be a nice distraction.