Ch.31: Visit again

'Write to me, okay?''

''I will.'' Love said and let Louisa out of their hug. The nephilim got up to wish Happy Christmas to the grey eyed boy as well. He was eating breakfast with the rest of the Marauders and she tried to get his attention so she wouldn't have to go there, but she didn't make it. Love walked with big steps trying to go there quick and leave even quicker. Soon she was behind the grey eyed lad and greeted everyone with a 'good morning'.

Sirius smiled brightly at the girl and stood up. ''Have a nice ride back, Love.'' He said, giving her a hug.

''Thank you, Sirius.'' She smiled. ''Happy Christmas everyone.''

'Happy Christmas' wished Remus and Peter while James smiled as a goodbye, though Love didn't turn to see it. They watched as the nephilim walked away until Peter excused himself to go keep company to his girlfriend who was now sitting alone. James turned his attention to Sirius and he spoke up about something he was planning on telling him a while now. ''If you want to get together with Love, you are free to do it. The fact that I once dated with her doesn't mean you can't.''

The grey eyed boy paused for one second before beginning laughing. ''Have you gone mental, mate?'' He seriously questioned. ''Love is my girl best friend. There could never be something between me and her.'' James nodded in understanding, feeling somewhat silly to sound so sure. ''It's Eubanks I'm not sure about.'' Sirius continued with a serious face now. ''He has started trying to get closer to her lately.'' He explained, not feeling awkward talking about James' ex after what he said.

''The Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain?'' James wondered.

''That one.'' His best mate replied. ''He's been trying to get his hands on her and take her on a date. I'm wondering when Love will scold him.'' He laughed. ''He won't get out to the sunlight for weeks.'' He said and laughed harder with Remus breaking a smile at the thought too.

''Do you think she'll do it?'' James asked. ''She didn't say basic things to me. Are you sure she'll scold Edward?''

''Of course she will. She's not one to not say what bothers her. Don't you remember that time when we jinxed Snivellus and she confronted us?'' Sirius said. ''She had even had an argument with Louisa about telling Peter she fancied you when you told her that that was how you begun trying to get her.''

James nodded in agreement, thinking that Sirius was right. ''If you need help to get rid of Eubanks, tell me. Love is a good friend.'' He could tell that by the way she was always there for Sirius. She was always there for people even if she kept many things secret and that had James wondering if that was so bad.

...

After her mission, Love didn't have anything to do; nothing to commit herself to. She spent most of her days doing chores around the monastery. It felt even more empty after Adam's death. He was the light and joy of the neighborhood. It was scary what the absence of one person could do. Hogwarts felt like a shelter with all those people to Love when she returned especially by the way she was greeted back.

The moment she stepped out of the carriage, Louisa spotted her petite frame and begun walking anxiously towards her best friend. ''Love!'' She exclaimed when she saw that the blue eyed girl had noticed her. With a first glance Love looked okay, but Louisa hugged her tightly nonetheless. A couple of seconds later, the brunette broke the hug and begun scanning her best friend for bruises or cuts or any kind of injuries, but she saw nothing.

''I'm fine, Louisa.'' The nephilim smiled. ''Nothing happened.'' She reassured and relieved her friend so much that Louisa couldn't help but pull her in another hug.