Ch.6: Mission

The first night of the mission begun. Love stayed in her position holding her gun the whole time, but nothing happened. She went back to the monastery an hour after the sun begun rising. No sound had been heard from nowhere the entire night which made the black haired girl feel relieved.

She slept in her childhood bedroom and found the familiar scent of her sheets comforting. She had a peaceful sleep like no other in some time. It helped her feel like the young person she was. She slept until noon. Considering that she fell asleep in the morning, it was normal. Like the previous day, first she trained, but after that she had to do her homework. Transfiguration was what she chose to do from all the books she had brought with her. OWLs were not as bad as she expected, something the particular professor must have noticed judging by the homework she usually gave.

She didn't get up from her chair until it was time to warm up for the mission. Love's bright blue eyes stared at her reflection in the mirror for long moments before she left. She looked good in her uniform. Black made her eyes look even brighter and her skin look paler. If someone saw her holding any of her weapons, they would immediately feel scared. She had something intimidating in both her nature and her looks. With that attitude she walked to her position out of the village. For a good hour nothing happened. Then on the road, they saw something small and dark moving. Love and the young adult on the other side of the cement road got slowly outside so they could have a better look. It was the only way. Not two steps later, the small things on the road turned into three big demon salamanders and set themselves on fire without burning them. Love and the young man stepped back and immediately begun shooting on them. The lizard closer to the man breathed fire on him, succeeding its shot and the man was on the ground rotating himself on the ground to put out the fire. The black haired girl turned to face him with wide eyes the same moment another member of the group took of their coat to help him with the fire. The nephilim turned her attention back to the salamanders and chose another tactic. She pulled out another gun from her coat that had holy water bullets. The holy water burned the fire demons and put out some of their fire.

The creature she hit first yelled in pain loudly. Everyone on the team was sure that the other exorcists heard them, but they heard nothing from the other villages or spots. Some people had a peaceful night, but that squad had not. The other Dragoons of the squad followed Love's great and quick example and used their holy water weapons. There was only one Aria to recite the Fatal Verse to defeat the Salamanders, it was the rest of the team's responsibility to keep the Aria safe. Three Dragoons, two Knights and one Aria. Love was one of the three Dragoons and one of the two Knights.

The four exorcist circled around the three Salamanders to keep them away from the Aria. The other Knight attacked the fire demons with her sword while the others attacked them with guns. The Salamanders fought back, won ground, breathed fire and then they screamed in pain. Their fire started becoming smoke and they grew smaller in size until they reached their normal size, officially common lizards now.

All the exorcists took a deep breath and lowered their weapons. They all felt the need to turn and face the Aria with a grateful smile and so they did.

''Jimmy?'' The Knight called out. The young man that had been hit by the demon's fire turned his head.

''I'm okay.'' He told. ''Thank you for earlier.'' He said to the older man that helped him put out the fire. The older man smiled at the young lad.

''You should go to a doctor.'' Their squad leader said. ''As soon as possible. Now even. We will take the salamanders to prevent them from going to the village and cause trouble again.'' He had a good idea. The young man should go and treat his wounds as soon as possible. ''Love, take the salamanders away. You are the only one that won't be hurt by fire.''