Ch. 18

Lauren's POV

Me, Charlie, and Dianne just got to the track. (That's Jaiden's grandparents.) I've been ignoring Jaiden for about 3 days now so I didn't accidentally tell her the big news!

Hayes' POV

We got to the trailer and there was a couple more people there than before. I turn around and see Jaiden about to burst with excitement.

"Jaiden who's this young man?" An older lady asks.

"Mamaw, Papaw, this is my boyfriend Hayes. Hayes this is my grandparents, Dianne and Charlie."

"Hayes? Grier?" Mrs. Dianne said.
"Isn't that th guy u used to obs--" She was cut off by Jaiden covering her mouth and Blushing really hard.

I just stood there blushing and grinning. I shook Mr. Charlie's hand and hugged Mrs. Dianne.

Jaiden pulled me aside where they couldn't hear us.

"My papaws like my dad. Since he wasn't here when u asked me to be ur girlfriend it kinda doesn't matter but I really need u to ask for his blessing to make a good impression. I know it's alittle much but if he was here when u asked u would have had to do it anyway. Will u?"

"Yeah of course anything for u. I was grinning but on the inside I was really scared.

She has told me about him. She says He's not a mean guy she refers him as an enormous teddy bear. Well he's 6'2. With arms the size of my head. He works out side in the sun so he's very tan. He looks mixed but both of his parents are white. He really scares me. He has tattoos on his arms. And when I shook his hand he had a firm grip. I don't know how I'm going to do this.

>> 2nd race with Nash (same POV)

"U ready?" I asked Nash.

"Yeah man. Is it scary?"

"Nah you will be in the lead. U ain't got nothing to worry about. She's a good driver to be honest."

"Y'all ready to win this thing?" Jaiden came out of no where and said.

"Yeah let's go win this thing!" Nash said.

I hugged Jaiden and they were off to staging.

I like going to the track. No one here knows who I am. There are no girls thay are screaming or crying calling my name it's a nice place to come and relax with my girlfriend.

>> after race w/ Nash (Jaiden's POV)

Nash was pretty calm through the race we won again. And he seemed excited. We went off the track and went back to the others.

We all went up the the bleachers and watched some races. Me and Lauren caught up and mamaw and papaw talked to Hayes and I some. Then it was time for the Feature (main race).

Cameron was gonna ride with me in the feature. He wasn't as scared as Nash lol. He just wanted to win. I guess we are alittle more related then I thought...

"Ready bro?"

"Yeah let's get this thing rolling!"

We pulled around to the other side of th track were u go onto the track.

We had a little time before We had to go on so I went to the consession stand to gt me and Cam some motivation candy.. lol skittles if your wondering.

I was almost to the line and I tripped and my wallet slid across the little concrete platform. I picked my self up and went for my wallet. When I reached for it the guy in front of me did too. Our eyes locked the I realized I knew him...

Kaeden.

Kaeden and I dated before me and Hayes we had to brake up because I was moving and long distant wouldn't work. We never kissed or anything like that but we were really close.

"He-eyy." I attempted to get out.

"He-eyy." He mimicked.

"How are u here u Live in alabama..."

"I was gonna tell u, my dad got a promotion and it was either North Carolina or California. Some how I got him to choose NC because I knew u were here and I would be able to see u more than I would.. we just got here today and me and dad wanted to go to a track and this was the closest." He began and then gave me a hug.

"Uh-h umm, kaeden I can't believe ur here but I'm racing tonight. And I need some motivation candy haha." I said returning the hug.

We both stared at each other and smiled and said. "SKITTLES!"

That was me and Kaeden's favorite candy and he knows I love skittles.

"I'm racing tonight to in hotshot. I'm number 19. I start in 5th place lol what about u?" He said as I was getting my candy.

"I'm starting 1st." I grabbed my candy and glanced over at Cam in the car and he had the weirdest look on his face..

"I got to go I'll have to talk to u after the race.." I said as I walked off.

As I got to the car and gave Cam the candy he asked. "Who was that blonde kid?"

"Long story..."

Thanks guys almost to 1k lol so glad to have y'all in my life!! I've been busy latly and I'm gonna try to update more!! I love y'all!!
~Jai❤