chapter three

The next morning, Crimson ended up going to school as normal, having to wake up extra early so she could get ready in her own house.

Despite remembering nothing, she'd physically recovered, with nothing but a minor headache to remind her of last nights events.

She was dropped off at school by her dad, who didn't know anything about what had happened, and met Luna by the gates.

Luna wrapped Crimson in a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay," she said, "We were all so worried for you. Who knows what could've happened if Tom wasn't there?"

"Tom?" Crimson asked, walking into the school.

"You seriously don't remember anything? Tom totally punched that creepy guy in the face. Marcus did, too, but that was after he'd let go. I don't think he would've got there in time on his own."

"Hm."

"What?"

"I just didn't expect Tom to do that for me."

"All of the guys would, for anyone. I'd try, but I'd probably end up getting thrown in the van myself. Still, though, thought that counts, right? Anyway, we hate motherfuckers like that. That stuff happens way too often to girls round here. It mainly happens to tourists, so maybe your accent gave them the impression."

"Maybe. I think I'm glad I don't remember anything. Sounds a bit traumatic."

"Probably was. I'm just happy you're okay, and I'm sure everyone else will be, too."

As if on cue, Crimson felt a pair of hands on her shoulder, turning around to see Gustav and Georg. The twins were following slowly behind them.

"Cici!" Georg said, "You feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Do you remember anything?" Gustav asked.

"No."

"That's a good thing. That guys hands on you- Ew, I feel sick just thinking about it."

"Then don't. I'm fine now, nothing bad actually happened."

"Tell that to Tom's fist," Bill said.

Crimson looked down at Tom's hand, which was wrapped in a bandage. She nodded at him in gratitude, figuring that she'd probably thanked him tons last night, too.

After school, the whole group decided to go out for ice cream considering the hot weather

After school, the whole group decided to go out for ice cream considering the hot weather. Tom seemed to be trailing behind the rest of them on the way there, so Crimsons stopped for a slowed down her pace until she was next to him.

"Hey," she said, "I just wanted to thank you for last night. Really, it means a lot. I can't imagine where I'd be now if you hadn't done that."

"I would've done it for anyone," Tom said, before walking back to the group, leaving Crimsons behind. She quickly jogged back up to them, turning her attention to Luna and Gustav in an attempt to ignore Tom's bluntness.

Tom felt bad, but was dwelling on something Bill had said after the incident the previous night.

"I've never seen you act like that," Bill said to his brother as they walked home, just the two of them.

"I've been in plenty of fights," Tom said, "If you're suggesting something about me and Red, you're wrong."

"Jumped to that conclusion pretty quick, didn't you? It's not about you punching that guy, I know you'd do that to anyone if they put their hands on someone like that, even if you didn't know the person. But you wouldn't catch them in your arms after, or wait with them on the floor with your arm around them, or get defensive over them going home with their best friend."

"I caught her because she was drunk, and high on some unknown drug, and wouldn't hurt herself a ton if she fell."

"And you'd do that for anyone else?"

Tom ignored his question. "And I was defensive of her going home with Tom because he's an eighteen year old boy and she's a sixteen year old girl who was way too out of it to say no or protests against anything. I know Marcus wouldn't do anything now, but I didn't know him then. Me and hi. talked in the car in the way to his place and we sorted shit."

"Yeah, but not before you tried to protect her with your entire being."

"You're being dramatic. Nothing's going on. She's been here a week, I barely know the girl."

"Whatever."

short chapter sorry🤞🤞

anyway, before any of y'all think this is moving quick, it's not. tom at this point actually doesn't like crimson (in that way) bill realising it before tom does is very real😭😭

also ik the chapter name is a bit strange i didn't know what else to call it lmao