chapter sixty-three

Crimson stepped off the plane and let the warm air hit her face, happy that it was summer when she got out of rehab so she didn't get hit with the seasonal depression. She tried her best to avoid paparazzi, mostly asking questions about rehab and her name, the band and their manager stepping into the limo that was picking them up. Their manager sat in the front with the driver and the band sat in the back. Aiden offered Crimson a glass of champagne, but she refused it.

"Are you not drinking alcohol anymore, either?" Ray asked.

Crimson shook her head. "I am, but my therapist told me try and avoid things that tempt me, at least for the next few months while I finish completely healing. Alcohol was one of the things that tempted me, so I'm avoiding casual drinking for a little bit."

They got dropped off at a hotel where the band was staying, they'd just finished a concert in Berlin.

"I'm gonna head right up to Tom, you guys text the rest of the band and tell them to come to the lobby. He doesn't know we're here."

"Do the rest?" Audrey asked.

"Obviously. How else would I know where to go?"

Crimson got in the elevator and went up to the eighth floor, finding Tom's room number, 483. She knocked on it, and heard a voice from inside, Tom's voice.

"Coming," he said. God, he sounded so miserable.

He opened the door and she looked inside, seeing a lump in the bed. "Wait, who the fuck's in your bed?" She asked.

"It's my pillows, Red- Wait. Red? Oh my god!"

Crimson smiled and Tom wrapped his arms around her, lifting her up and pulling her into the room. He closed the door behind her and placed her down on the bed, repeatedly kissing her face.

"I saw all those articles, I was wondering when you were gonna call!"

"No point in calling when I can see you in person." He moved off of her and sat up, looking down at her lay on the bed. Her hair was thicker. the blue highlights gone and replaced with the red and black highlights he'd missed. She'd gained back the weight she'd lost because of the drugs, her face was glowing, she looked so much happier.

"You miss me?" She asked.

"More than anything," Tom said, "God, you're so so beautiful."

Crimson smiled and Tom lay down next to her, pressing his head into her neck and taking in the scent of her perfume. They said nothing, lying in silence for a bit, a comfortable silence, it was like nothing had ever happened.

"I bought a house," Crimson said.

"In London?"

"Mhm. Right in Soho. Everyone there is so cool, so artsy. But I don't know if I like it."

"Last time we went to Soho you loved it."

"I still do, I just... I don't know if I wanna live there. It feels like a holiday home, like, in England, I'm a tourist, I don't belong there."

"But you're from there. You've spent most of your life there."

"But my life is in Germany."

"Hm?"

"You're my life, Tom."

"That's very sweet, love. But what are you saying?"

"I'm saying I wanna move back."

"But all that money-"

"Let's be real, Tom, I'm not exactly broke. Like I said, it's like a holiday home. Don't you want me to move?"

"No, I do, I do. I'm just making sure it's what you want. After all, the things that happened back in Liepzig-"

"They affect me everyday, Tom. They're the reason I started doing drugs, the reason I got so depressed, the reason I had to leave you. But Felix and Ben are in jail, for a very long time. The mental effects are still there, but they're gonna be there for a very long time. As for the physical effects, I really don't think there are gonna be any, not anymore. I promise you I'll be okay, this is what I want. I wanna be with you."

"Then it's settled, you'll move in with me."

Crimson kissed Tom and he kissed back deeply, his hand finding her hair. She instantly felt him rising against her and giggled slightly, but she couldn't blame him, she wanted him as much as he wanted her.

"I really need to see the others," she said, moaning slightly as she felt him against her clothed clit.

"We've got all the time in the world, Red. The others can wait."