chapter forty-eight

The next morning, Crimson didn't wake up in her own bed. Instead, she woke up to white walls and beige coloured bed sheets. A hotel room. She smiled as she turned to Tom. She checked under the covers, both of them still in their underwear.

"Tom," she whispered.

"I'm awake," he hummed in response, "You alright?"

"Never better. I do have to go home, though."

"Home?"

"My parents are gonna wake up soon and wonder where I am. Plus the band, I did kind of just wander off."

"They shouldn't be worried, you weren't drunk."

"They don't know that."

Tom sighed, getting out of the bed and walking over to his suitcase. He looked for the least baggy sweatpants he'd brought with him, chucking them at Crimson along with a t-shirt.

"My dress is right there," Crimson pointed to her dress on the floor.

"I don't want you walking home in it, not this early in the morning, there'll still be weirdos on the street."

"Oh, I get it, you're trying to make me unfuckable."

"You're never unfuckable."

Crimson got changed in the clothes, having the roll the sweatpants a few times. She was lucky she'd wore her sneakers yesterday and not a pair of heels, so she could actually wear shoes home.

"You'll call, won't you?" Crimson asked, handing him a piece of paper with her new number on.

"Of course I will."

"Alright, perfect. I'll see you."

"Wait, Red, let me walk you home."

"Are you sure? I would've thought you wanted a bit more sleep."

"Let me walk you."

Crimson nodded. Tom didn't need to ask her twice. Tom never needed to ask Crimson anything twice, she'd agree to everything.

They walked down the street, shamelessly holding hands, something they couldn't do in Germany.

"I missed you," Crimson said, "A lot."

"Not as much as I missed you," Tom smiled.

He obviously didn't mean that in an offensive way, but he also wasn't wrong. She knew she'd once moved on and he hadn't. But maybe it wasn't because she missed him less, maybe Matty was just there at the perfect time.

She appreciated him for that, really. He'd taken her out of a dark place after she lost Tom. Then it hit her. Tom was only here for a month, then he'd be leaving again.

"What's gonna happen?" Crimson asked, "When you leave."

"We'll figure it out, baby, I promise you. I'm not losing you again."

Crimson and Tom got back to her house and stood outside. They clearly didn't wanna leave each other.

"Do you wanna come in?" Crimson offered, "I can call the band, get them to come over. I think it'd be great for you to meet them. You don't have to if you feel awkward, but-"

"I'd love to."

Crimson smiled. He didn't get mad at her when she rambled on, but he stopped her when he could sense the rambling turning into anxiety.

She invited the rest of the band over and they got in really well with Tom. She worried at first, considering they really did like Matty, but they saw how Tom was with her, and they were also secretly fangirling on the inside. It was as though Tom had been with them for as long as Crimson had.