chapter fifteen

any mention of the word preppy does not mean like 'it's so preppy in here🌺🌞🌻' it means like 2000s style preppy like academic. just so i don't get heavily bullied in my comments😭 i'm sure yall know what it means but if not think like cher from clueless

Crimson sat in front of her math teacher at her desk. She'd kept her behind just before lunch break.

"Listen, Crimson, I really wish I could say your grades are slipping," she said, "But they were never in the position to slip. Seriously. They're bad."

"Thanks," Crimson said sarcastically.

"So, I've hired Felix as your tutor."

Crimson turned around and saw Felix stood near the door. She knew him, but she'd never spoke to him. He was hot, but definitely not her style. Maybe if his jeans were a little baggier and his hair was a little messier, she'd actually pay some mind to him.

Still, looking at him now, he was undeniably attractive despite his 'preppy' style. His blonde hair was neat, he had piercing blue eyes, and she could just about see how toned his arms are through him button up shirt. Maybe she wouldn't mind hanging out with him, but she didn't want him to tutor her. She didn't want anyone to tutor her.

"Hey," Crimson said, raising her hand in a slight wave. Felix waved back, leaning against the doorway.

"Now, you two exchange details and you can get to tutoring. Crimson, I think you need help in pretty much every area that isn't just basic equations, so this could take a while."

Crimson rolled her eyes. "Alright," she said, as she got up and walked out, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder on the way out. Felix followed.

"So, my place or your place?" Crimson asked, not even looking back at him.

"It'd make sense to do it at mine, since you clearly don't study at home, there are probably too many distractions. But, I doubt anything in my place would interest a girl like you."

"What's that supposed to mean."

"Means we come from two different worlds, Presley. You're all, like, punk rock, or whatever you label yourself as. A rebel, I guess."

"So what does that make you? Stuck up?"

Felix would usually be offended, but he could tell Crimson was just joking. He laughed, then they exchanged details.

"My place on Friday?" Felix asked as the two parted ways.

"I'll clear my schedule," Crimson said as she walked away, smiling. She quickly found her friends sat at their usual spot.

"Why were you talking to that smartass?" Tom asked.

"He's gonna tutor me in math," Crimson said, "I'm failing hard."

"And it had to be him? Why not pair you with someone you know?"

"Because then they wouldn't focus on the actually tutoring," Georg said.

"And you're just okay with her hanging out with Felix?"

"What's it got to do with me?" Georg was confused, and Tom just scoffed.

"What's wrong with Felix?" Luna asked.

"Nothing's wrong with Felix," Bill said, "Tom's just worried Crimson's gonna leave us for another group."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that. Him and his friends are nice, but they're not my crowd, you knows are."

"I wasn't worrying," Tom said, getting up and leaving for his next class ten minutes early.

"Something's gotten into him," Gustav said.

Crimson rolled her eyes. "He pisses me off."

"

Crimson and Felix sat on his kitchen island, studying pythagoras theorem

Crimson and Felix sat on his kitchen island, studying pythagoras theorem. So far, she seemed to be getting it.

His mom suddenly came in through the front door, despite Crimson thinking the two were gonna be alone the whole time.

"Mom!" Felix said, "I didn't know you were gonna be home. This is Crimson, I'm tutoring her."

Felix's mom looked Crimson up and down, before meeting her eyes with an obviously fake smile.

"Hi, Crimson," she said, "Felix, honey, join me in the living room?"

Felix followed his mom into the living room, leaving Crimson sat there. She could tell his mom didn't like her, and she instantly understood why. His mom was very posh and, based on her house, probably pretty old-fashioned. She was a housewife, her husband was a businessman who played golf at the country club in his spare time. The way Felix dressed and acted mirrored the way he was brought up: very traditional.

Crimson strained her eyes slightly, trying to listen to Felix and his mom's conversation.

"Do you really have to tutor her?" His mom asked, "I mean, girls don't really need math. If she's smart, she'll settle with a rich husband and not need any of these classes."

"That's sexist, mom," Felix said, "You wouldn't be saying that if she dressed more like you."

"Well, not exactly like me, though I do think she could be a little more conservative."

"Listen, I'm not so big on the whole rock chick thing either, but she's a really nice girl and she needs help with something. It helps her pass the class and gives me extra credit."

"You don't need extra credit."

"It'll still look good on my resumé. If you don't like the way she dresses, don't look at her."

Crimson sighed. She'd heard those types of things tons of times before about her style, among other, probably worse, things. Maybe it was more trouble than it was worth.