chapter thirty-three

hi guys went absolutely off the effing rails hence the lack of updates but i'm back😝

"You don't need to do this, Ben, I'm sure we can sort something out," Crimson pleaded as Ben sat her in the middle of the living room and sent out a text, supposedly to his friends.

"Where's your phone?" He asked.

"Why?"

Ben smacked her on the side of the head. "You should know not to ask questions, bitch! Where is it?"

"It's on my bed somewhere. I don't know, I threw it when you came in."

"Thank you."

Ben walked out of the living room and Crimson saw it as an opportunity to try and escape, but was soon shut down when someone else walked in. He looked a little older, fairly tall and muscular. She heard Ben run up the stairs.

"I'm Jordan," the guy said, "Don't worry, I'm really nice if you don't piss me off."

"Jordan, please let me go," Crimson said, "Listen, I know Ben's giving you money for this, but I have money to! I'll do whatever you want, just-"

Jordan punched her directly in the mouth, and Crimson wondered how many more blows she'd have to take to the face before this was all over.

"I said if you don't piss me off."

Ben soon came downstairs with Crimson's phone in one hand and duct tape in the other. Without saying anything, He taped over Crimson's mouth, causing her to let out a muffled scream. Ben clenched his fist and Crimson flinched, but he didn't end up hitting her, instead just warning her to shut up.

He took her phone and took a picture, then she heard the sound of a message being sent, likely to her friends. He then handed the phone to Jordan before leaving Crimson there with him. Her phone soon blew up, and Jordan smirked at all the texts she was receiving.

"Tom your boyfriend?" He asked. She obviously didn't answer, being physically unable to talk. "Looks like your friends are on their way. They replied pretty quickly, some good friends you have, 'Red'."

Crimson gave him a dirty look at the nickname, before hearing a light knock on the door. Initially, she'd thought it was her friend, but she knew they wouldn't knock lightly. In fact, they probably wouldn't knock at all.

"Come in!" Jordan yelled, not wanting to take his eyes off of Crimson. Two guys in masks walked in, standing behind Crimson. "Ben must really like you," he said, "Putting on this whole show. God, you'd think we're in, like, the mafia or something. Honestly, it's kinda cringe."

Just a few minutes later, they heart the door swinging open, all of her friends walking in. When he saw what was going on, Marcus put his hand out to stop them from going any further. Tom was about to run forward, but Bill stopped him. Crimson tried to speak, tried to tell them it was Ben, but his name just sounded like screams through the tape on her mouth.

"There you are!" Jordan said, "Now, I know this seems a little targeted, but it's not. We just found the richest looking house, figured a rich person would have rich friends."

Marcus furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? We broke into a rich persons house, held them hostage and texted all their friends. Isn't it obvious what we want?"

"Well yeah, but usually people just burgle houses, this is a little overkill."

"Whatever. A hundred grand and your friend gets set free."

"Take the tape off her mouth," Georg said. He called bullshit. Marcus was right, if people wanted money from someone rich, they'd just burgle them.

"What?"

"Take the tape off her mouth, let her talk to us and we'll give you all the money you want."

"No can do, sorry!"

"Well then you're not getting shit," Bill said.

The two guys behind Crimson suddenly pulled guns on her. She rolled her eyes. This was, for some reason, become very common.

"A hundred grand."

"How the fuck do you expect us to give you money?" Marcus said.

"Um, ATM, idiot."

"You think we're just gonna leave you here with her? Your plan is really badly thought out."

"You're right." Jordan suddenly felt very stupid for not questioning Ben about all of the holes in his plan. Of course they wouldn't have a hundred grand just on them, and they certainly wouldn't leave to go to an ATM when Crimson literally had two guns held to her.

"So?"

Jordan sighed, pulling down the hood of his jacket. "Fuck this, man, I don't even know why I'm doing it. Ben hired me. It was meant to be Felix, but he's in jail. You guys were gonna give me the money, and while you were distracted Ben was gonna take Crimson. I don't know why he couldn't just kidnap her, maybe to, like, traumatise you guys or something. I don't know. I'm only doing it to get my family some money, but this is sick! It's not worth-"

He was cut off by a gunshot from one of the guys in the masks, knocking him right to the ground, dead. Crimsons screamed, everyone now becoming worried, especially Marcus. Ever since he remembered what had happened to him, he couldn't stand the sight of blood, loud noises, especially gunshots, and here he was, reliving it all. Luna held his hand, rubbing his knuckles with her thumb.

The guy who'd shot Jordan pulled his mask off. Ben. "I knew he'd slip up," Ben said, "He's weak. But he was right about the traumatising you think. I just wanted you to see her one last time, see how you failed her before I saved her."

"Saved her from what asshole?" Tom yelled. He'd been quiet this whole time, but seeing Ben had really pushed him over the edge.

"From you! From all of you! You couldn't protect her when she needed it, when she was stabbed."

"We couldn't? You ran away! You left her there, I was the one that found her!"

"And aren't I so lucky you made sure she didn't die on me?"

"If she did, it'd be your fault! You abused her."

"Did I? Or did I just love her properly?"

"How about instead of tying her up and taping her mouth you let her decide that?"

Ben untied Crimsons hands, but didn't let her run far before grabbing her, holding a gun to her head. "You guys have two options. I can dispose of Jordan's body, make it look like this never happened and take Crimson with me. Or I could not clean up, and still take Crimson with me, but you guys would go to jail. So?"