chapter fifty-three

The band sat in the private jet they'd hired, on their way to Germany. Crimson was messing around with her MP3 player, flipping through the songs she'd added when she was like thirteen and trying to find something she still liked.

Ray was sat next to Aiden in the window seat, eating skittles. They reminded him of Bill. He still didn't know what he was gonna do. Him and Bill had exchanged numbers, but Ray had been too nervous to reach out. It seemed Bill was in the same boat. Or maybe he just didn't want to.

"You'll be fine, Ray," Aiden said, sensing his worry. Aiden could always sense his worry. He hated it.

"Never said I wouldn't."

After a short flight, they finally arrived in Liepzig. They were greeted by Tokio Hotel, Luna and Marcus.

Crimson instantly ran to Tom, dropping all of her hand luggage for her manager to pick up as she jumped onto Tom, wrapping her legs around his waist.

"Jesus, Red, you're like a monkey," Tom said. Crimson gigged as she leant down to kiss him.

"I missed you," she said. Bringing her lips down to his ear, she whispered. "I'm so gonna make up for that two months of absence."

Tom coughed and put her down, allowing her to greet everyone else. Bill attempted to hug Ray, but Ray just patted his back before walking over to greet Gustav and Georg.

Bill turned around to his brother, who knew what had happened between the two and also seemed to notice the odd behaviour. They shrugged, maybe he was just tired.

After their greetings, they all headed to the venue where Orphic would be performing later that night to get everything set up.

"Never heard you sing live before," Tom said to Crimson.

"You're in for a treat," Audrey said as she passed him to put her guitar on stage, "Voice of an angel."

"Don't flatter me," Crimson said. She turned back to Tom. "I didn't book a hotel room. Thought I'd stay with you."

"Duh."

"God, you guys are all over each other," Marcus said.

"Is that a problem?"

Tom wrapped his arms tighter around Crimson's waist and sat down, pulling her onto his lap.

"It's like watching my little sister make out with my best friend."

"Aw," Luna said, "Little sister."

"What else am I gonna call her."

"Marcus, you can't talk, you're always all over Luna, the only reason you're not today is because you got no sleep last night," Georg said.

Gustav sat down next to him, nodding. "And I think we all know why that was."

"Ew, Gustav!" Luna yelled, throwing the pillow at him.

"I'm not wrong!"

Orphic all came backstage now, with Bill, who'd been helping them set up. He'd been trying his best to try and talk to Ray, try and set up a time for them to hang out. It hadn't worked.

Bill say next to Tom and Crimson, turning to Crimson and talking to her casually as if she wasn't all over his twin brother.

"Do you think Ray's acting weird?" He asked.

"Oh my god!" Crimson whispers-yelled, rolling off of Tom and across Bill so she was sat next to him, "He is. He was so weird on the plane, he's barely talked to any of us since we decided we were coming here."

"Shit."

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm gonna go home."

"Bill-"

Before she could say anymore, Bill was up and out. She turned to Tom, but he just shrugged. He usually told her everything, but not this. This, he couldn't tell anyone.