chapter thirty-five

"Crimson, you heard what Felix said," her mom said, "He knows other people, we're not safe here anymore!"

"Mom, they're in jail."

"Felix and Ben are. What about the guy that ran away during the break in, or the other friends they mentioned?"

"They were bluffing!"

"How would you know that?"

"Because nobody else after them has came for me."

"It's only been two weeks, of course they haven't. Maybe they'll take a month, maybe they'll take a year. I'm not staying here and looking over my shoulder 24/7 because you can't pick your men right."

"Honey..." Crimson's dad began, and regret instantly appeared on her face.

"You're blaming this on me? How the fuck was I supposed to know what Ben was really like when I first met him? And Felix? I don't choose to put myself in those situations. Maybe I should've left them when they got all weird, but it's hard, mom, and I doubt it would've stopped this from happening anyway!"

"Cici, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that."

"But you said it. You can't take me away from here, I have my friends here!"

"You had friends in London, too."

"Not like this. Marcus is here, and Luna. Mom, please."

"It's final. Our flight is booked, we still have our house back there and your there's a vacancy in your dads company at their London location."

"No. Mom! Dad? Dad, please."

Crimson's mom couldn't take it anymore, seeing her daughter begging. She knew how happy she was here, the last thing she wanted was to pull her away from it, but she knew it wasn't safe, even the police had told them it was best for them to get out.

She walked out of the room and headed upstairs to pack, leaving Crimson in the living room
with her dad.

"Dad?"

Her dad hugged her. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. Your mom shouldn't have said what she said, but she's right about it not being safe here. I promise we'll come back once we have the all clear, but right now... we just can't put you and ourselves at risk. Not to mention your friends. Okay?"

"But what about... what about everyone? Dad, what about Tom? I love him."

"I know you do, I know. But you'll get another chance with someone else, somewhere that's safer for both of you."

Crimson sighed. She couldn't just find someone else, no one could replaced Tom. Her parents couldn't understand. They were each others first loves. They never went through a breakup, they never had to get over someone or leave someone, she didn't expect them to know how she was feeling.

Crimson sat next to Marcus on his couch after telling him she was leaving

"But- No," Marcus said, tears pouring from his eyes, "No, Crim, you just got here."

Just got here. He wasn't wrong. She'd been here just over a year, but so much had happened. So much that she had to leave.

"I know. I'm mad, Marcus."

"But they're right."

"What?"

"You're not safe. I don't want you being hurt, this is what you need. You didn't wanna come here."

"But now I don't wanna leave."

"I know, I know. Maybe one day you can come back. But for now, you need to keep yourself and everyone around you safe."

Crimson didn't want to admit Marcus was right, but he was. Since she's been here, he's been shot, he had PTSD, he still struggled with his memory sometimes.

Obviously Marcus was the worst case, but it affected everyone else, too. Tom felt inferior because he couldn't protect her. Everyone was always looking over their shoulder just in case one of Crimson's crazy exes or their friends jumped out at them.

It wasn't just bad for her, it was bad for everyone.

Crimson lay in Tom's bed. That was gonna be their last time together. She wished she could've had more time to tell him, then they could make the most of it together, but she had to leave as soon as possible.

"Tom," Crimson said.

"Yeah?" Tom asked, looking at her and smiling. Oh, fuck. Why did he have to do that? Why did he have to smile at her?

She sat up. "My mum said it's not safe here."

"What?"

"In Leipzig. Well, in Germany. Felix said he had friends, she's worried they're gonna come after us."

"That's stupid."

"Tom. She's not wrong. It's not safe here, not when we don't know who Felix was talking about."

"He was obviously bluffing. Nobody else has came for you."

That was exactly what Crimson had said. Now she sounded just like her mom.

"It's been two weeks."

"So what? You're just fucking leaving?"

"We can't stay."

"So that's it?"

"What?"

"With us? You're leaving me."

Crimson sighed. "I'm sorry."

She stood up and began walking out, Tom following. She stood on his front doorstep and he faced her, looking down at her with a mixture of all sorts of emotions on his face. Anger, love, frustration.

"You can't just go!"

"It's not my choice, Tom, it's my parents. You can't be mad at me."

"I'm more than mad, Crimson, I'm upset."

"I love you. I'm sorry."

Tom sighed. He grabbed Crimson, by the back of her head, pulling her lips into his and kissing her desperately, angrily. He never wanted to let go.

"Fuck you." Crimson looked at him, tears in her eyes. He sighed. "I love you, Red. I'll always have a place for you in my heart."

alexa play i miss you im sorry by gracie abrams

maybe night shift by lucy davis but i think that's more for the later chapters

sorry guys

lots of love! 🥳 (not for crimson and tom tho)

also can we talk about how sad it is everytime tom calls crimson by her full name like OWWW OWWW OUCH!