chapter twenty-four

It had been a while since Crimson had gone to a party

It had been a while since Crimson had gone to a party. Of course it had. Most of the parties at their school were held by the juniors and seniors, and she was just a sophomore, so a party was a raw occasion, and always something to make a big deal out of.

In Germany, sixteen year olds could drink, as long as the alcohol wasn't too strong. That was something Crimson still had to get used to, having to sneak her alcohol everywhere back in England. Luckily, at most parties, the alcohol would be much stronger than they were allowed, so she'd still get that thrill of doing something she shouldn't, although maybe crime shouldn't excite her so much.

She got ready at Luna's house and arrived with her, but quickly texted Felix to come and find her. She stood with her friends for about ten minutes, before feeling a pair of arms snake around her waist.

"Hey, Felix," she said, instantly recognising his scent.

"Hey," he smiled, before looking up at her friend, "Hey, guys." Everyone greeted Felix. All of them except Tom liked him, but they just couldn't bring themselves to like him as Crimson's boyfriend, not even Luna, as supportive as she tried to be. "You mind if I steal Red here away?"

Tom's eyes darted up from the table and right into Felix's. Red? He called her Red? How long had that been a thing for? Had he made it up himself out of complete coincidence, or has he heard Tom saying it?

As Tom looked into Felix's eyes, Felix looked back, and he couldn't help but sense some sort of bad intentions behind his 'kind' eyes. He convinced himself he was just jealous. Felix wasn't bad, but Tom wanted him to seem bad as an excuse to hate him, but he knew the real reason, everyone knew the real reason.

"They don't mind," Crimson said, smiling and guiding Felix away from the group. She took him outside, sitting in the swing bench on the patio. She found it funny, how American the party host's house seemed. She pulled a pack of cigarettes out her bag and a lighter. "You want one?"

"Those cancer sticks? No, thanks. You should quit."

Crimson sighed. She knew she had to, but it was this or weed, and she'd rather not be stoned out of her mind all the time.

"I'll quit in the new year."

"It's February."

"Gives me a few months to decide what harmful substance to replace the cigarettes with." Crimson laughed, making Felix laugh, too. He could see past this tiny flaw. "You like my outfit tonight? I put on a plaid skirt to fit in with your friends."

Felix laughed, looking down at her legs. "I think it's a little short for their taste."

"Is it short for your taste?"

Felix peeled his eyes away from Crimson's thighs, looking her in the eyes. "Certainly not."

Felix didn't know what came over him in that moment. He'd only had half a beer, he certainly wasn't drunk, and the two had never gone further than barely making out. Luckily for him, Crimson didn't seem to mind when he leaned into her, kissing her lips roughly as his hand made its way to her inner thigh.

Crimson pulled away for just a second, making sure no one was out on the patio with them before leaning back in. Felix began to move his hand, making her gasp at the brief sensation of him grazing her clit through her underwear, before he moved his hand further up to wrap around her waist and pull her closer to him. She pulled their lips apart again.

"You teasing me on purpose?" She asked.

"Maybe."

The continued to make out until hearing the front door open. They didn't bother to stop, figuring someone was just coming out for a smoke. People made out at parties all the time. However, Crimson couldn't deny she felt her heart slightly sink when she heard the voice behind them.

"Um, guys," Tom said. Crimson and Felix quickly pulled away from each other, looking up at him but not pulling their bodies apart, Felix's hand staying around Crimson's waist. "We're about to play beer pong, but if you're, uh, busy, you don't have-"

"We'll come and play," Crimson smiled, pulling away from Felix. Tom nodded and walked back inside the house, leaving the two on the porch yet again.

"Shame," Felix said, "I was having fun."

"Same, but we're on someone else's porch, wouldn't wanna get too carried away."

READ MT NEW BOOK 🔫🔫🔫