chapter thirty-six

6 months later

Crimson wasn't liking London at all. She couldn't stand it. She couldn't stand being away from everyone. They were all she'd thought about for the past six months. Tom was all she'd thought about for the past six months. But she had to move on. She'd already reconnected with a few friends in London, one of them being Madison.

In her past, Crimson had been rowdy, loud, actually pretty violent. Basically a typical English teenager if you multiple it by ten, and Madison was a big part of that. She always egged her on, encouraged her to do stupid things.

But Crimson wasn't like that anymore. She'd changed. She wasn't that girl who'd jump someone just because they said one bad thing about her. She wasn't the girl with the obvious drug problems, or the girl that would get with every boy that payed attention to her, so when Madison asked her to help jump a girl, Chloe, just because she'd called Madison a bitch, she wasn't with it.

"Come on, Cici, don't you remember your motto? Bitches get stitches."

"I've grew up, Maddy."

"What? You saying I haven't?"

"I'm saying we're very different people. Plus, all she did was call you a bitch. Could resolved that by maybe, I don't know, not being a bitch to her."

"I'm not! Fucking hell, Germany's changed you, you're well boring."

"I'd rather be boring than violent."

With that, Crimson close the door in Madison's face. She probably wouldn't see her again for a while, but she didn't really care, she never liked her anyway. She had better things to do. Like her band.

She'd wanted to get into it, but she didn't know how. Tom had shown her the ropes. He said he'd help her get off the ground, but that clearly wasn't gonna happen now. She'd originally planned on going solo, before realising she didn't know how to play any instrument other than bass guitar, and it'd cost money to hire someone, so instead she formed a band.

It wasn't as difficult as she thought it'd be. There were some kids from school who'd wanted to do it, but none of them could sing, so that's where Crimson came in. They instantly liked her for her style and the cool highlights in her hair, the singing was a bonus.

The drummer was named Aiden, the guitarist was Audrey and the bassist was Ray. Crimson clicked with the three quickly, and had told them all
about Germany. Well, some parts.

She told them about her weird exes, not naming names, and her old friends, but not about Tom. It hurt too much to even hear his name, which was inconvenient considering he was always on the radio stations she listened to. Maybe having a famous ex wasn't the dream she thought it'd be, but it was fine. Soon enough, she'd be famous, too.

But wait. The whole reason she'd moved from Germany was  because she was in danger. She couldn't just put herself out into the world, not as Crimson.

"I need to change my name," she told the band.

Ray furrowed his eyebrows. "What? How come?"

"The whole reason my parents moved us back here was to get away from any possible gangs my exes may have been in."

"That still sounds unreal," Audrey remarked.

"They're gonna be so mad if I put myself out there and they find us! So I need to change it."

"But Crimson's so cool," Aiden said, "If we change it, can we at least still keep the essence of Crimson Presley? I mean, come on, you have to admit, your parents were awesome for that."

"You're right. Well, Crimson's a colour, Presley's a rockstar. Let's just run with that."

The band stayed in Audrey's garage for what felt like and probably was hours, brainstorming stage names for Crimson.

They finally landed on one that didn't make Crimson cringe. "Well, welcome to the band, Sapphire Rose."

She hated it

She hated it.

Sapphire like the shade of blue and Rose like Axl Rose. It wasn't that the name was bad, it was actually quite pretty, but it wasn't her. She wasn't Sienna, she was Crimson. She was Red. Plus, the more she thought about it, the more it kind of sounded like a porn star name.

She wasn't gonna go through with it, but he parents agreed it was the best thing to do for their safety, and her band agreed to start actually using the name so she could get used to it. After all, everyone except her family would be using it soon enough. That's if they got successful, at least.

okay yall so do i start calling her sapphire or should the narrator stay calling her crimson QUICK