chapter sixteen

at the start of this book i said that id do the german parts in bold but i cant be bothered to do that anymore so every conversation crimson has with anyone other than her parents, marcus, luna, or any members of her family (idek if ill bring in other family members but but js in case). also she may talk in english when shes 1 on 1 with the boys but when they're in group settings its german

Crimson walked over to Felix's table, where he sat with his friends. They all dressed similarly to him, in plaids and sweaters, the girls in knee socks and the boys in collared shirts. They were smart and you could tell.

"Felix!" She said, smiling. Everyone's eyes darted around her, instantly landed on the ring in her lip, then in her nose, then on the black and red streaks in her hair.

"She's different," one of the boys tried to whisper, but Crimson heard him. She chose to ignore him.

"We still on for tonight?"

"Felix," one of the girls said, "You're dating her?"

"No!" Felix practically yelled, seeming quite offended by the fact anyone would even think of him and Crimson as a couple, "I'm tutoring her in math. Yes, Crimson, we're still on. You could've just texted."

"Oh, sorry, I thought since I'm not too far away, it'd be a little lazy to send a-"

"Yeah, it's fine, I'll see you tonight."

"Oh. Okay."

Crimson walked away, a little confused at Felix's bluntness considering how nice he'd been the first time he'd tutored her last week. She walked over to her table, sitting at the end next to Tom.

"You okay?" Luna asked, noticing Crimson's expression.

"Yeah, Felix was just really- I don't know, mean?"

"How?"

"He was super blunt with me. This girl asked if we were going on a date, and, like, we're not, but he seemed so offended by the fact she'd even think that. I think his friends think I'm some sort of delinquent."

"I mean, to them, you kind of are," Bill said, "No offence to you, full offence to them. Anyone our age who tried to have fun is basically considered a criminal to them, it's so cringe." Everyone laughed. "Seriously Cici, don't beat yourself up over it, he's only a tutor. Just focus on your tutoring, get that grade up, and you'll be rid of him in no time."

"I just thought I could make a new friend."

"Literally everyone in this school except that group thinks you're super awesome," Georg said, "You can make friends easily."

"I guess you're right. Still, don't you think he's kind of hot?"

Tom spoke after being silent for the whole conversation. "He's really not all that. I mean, look at that hairline, he's sixteen and I think it's already receding. And his style? What guy wears sweater vests to school? How on earth does he get so many women?"

"Probably because he cares about things other than sex."

"I care about other things."

"Name one."

"Music."

"Okay, that was too easy. Name another one."

Her.

"Okay, fair enough, but hey, YOLO."

i hate how i typed out yolo in all caps but it's gotta be done

this is js a filler chapter bc i haven't posted for almost a month on this book so i needed to get something out but i don't wanna rush crimson and felix's storyline lol