chapter forty-six

Matty had been a part of Crimson's daily routine, so him being cut out of it with virtually no warning was really difficult. But she slowly got used to it. She stopped finding herself making her way to his house after school, or looking for him in the common room.

She spent more time with the band, which really improved their relationship, and they were already working on new music. They were gonna shave a longer break, but they figured that working on music to distract Crimson from both Matty and her desire to relapse.

"I wrote a song last night, its kind of about Matty, it's called TV," Crimson said, "But it's really not our genre, and I don't know if you guys would want it on there. It's okay if you don't."

"Let's see it," Aiden said. Crimson handed them a sheet of paper with the song on it. Ray smiled whilst reading it.

"I love it," he said, "But what do you mean it's not our genre?"

"I just imagine it a lot more slow, nothing too, like, heavy."

"How about we have it as the final track? Kind of like an ending, to show people we can do other genres."

"That's not a bad idea," Aiden said, "Crimson?"

"Yeah, let's do it. But do you think Matty's gonna hate me?"

"I don't think he could ever hate you, Cici. Plus, he loves your music, he'll probably be happy that he's inspired you. I mean, it's one good thing to come out of it, right?"

"Right."

Orphic had released a song, TV, and it was playing on pretty much every radio station

Orphic had released a song, TV, and it was playing on pretty much every radio station. Tom couldn't get away from Crimson's voice, singing about Matty. It was hard, knowing that she was longing for something else while he, after two years, was longing for her.

He was eighteen now. He was an adult, he should be thinking about other things. But Crimson's birthday was approaching, meaning she was on his mind more often than usual.

He knew that it was gonna be celebrated in the media. The band had already blew up when they release their first album, but TV's release, and the fact it was clearly about Matty, who had two famous parents and was seen with Crimson in pretty much every paparazzi picture, gained them even more traction.

"I cannot listen to that song one more time," Tom said as he got into Georg's car, switching the radio station. They were headed to the studio to finish up a few things on their new album.

"It's literally everywhere," Gustav said. Bill got into the car and they drove off.

Their songs were all recorded, they just need to sort out the order of the tracks, and start talking about marketing and a tour. Tom was clearly upset the whole day, and Georg pulled him to the side before they left.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Tom sighed. "Check the date."

"It's October 7th," Georg said, "What about it?"

"It's Crimson's birthday in two days."

"Shit."

"It's probably gonna be everywhere. Happy birthday, with that stupid fake name. All the radio stations are gonna be blasting that song she wrote for Matty."

"Maybe it's best for you to just not turn on the radio, then. Easy to avoid."

"It's gonna be on the TV, and the internet. I don't wanna think about her anymore, Georg, she's long gone, it's just- I look for her in every girl I meet, and I can't find her."

"Then maybe you need to start looking for someone else."

i've been doing shorter chapters lately do yall like it or shall i go back to my normal length